[toc]A conference that looks to address the rapidly evolving esports industry will take place in New York City next month.
XLIVE Esports Summit at a glance
The XLIVE Esports Summit will take place Aug. 22-23 in New York. The two-day conference is put on by XLIVE, which seeks to bring together “industry leaders at the intersection of music, sports, film, culinary, beverage, eSports, technology, brands and the experiences that culminate at festivals and live events.”
The summit will feature a variety of esports industry stakeholders along with traditional professional sports franchises. Among the groups and companies expected to attend include:
- Esports team owners/players
- Venue operators
- Tournament organizers
- Legal experts
- Product developers
- Venture capitalists with professional sports teams
The conference expects nearly 200 attendees, more than 40 speakers and 20 interactive sessions
Topics and speakers for XLIVE Esports
The summit will take an over-arching look at the esports industry. But esports betting will be the topic of one entire session: Insights and Trends on Esports Gambling.
Here are some of the other topics that will be discussed during panels:
- Money Talks – How VC’s, management firms and professional sports teams are evaluating the investment market for Esports
- The Evolution of Esports with ESL
- Game On – Why professional sports teams are getting involved in the Esports industry
- Our House Is Your House – How venues can benefit from hosting Esports events
- From Live Stream to Big Screen – Analyzing the big business of Esports broadcasting
- The Data-driven Truth about Women and Esports
Panelists for the event include the likes of:
- Christina Alejandre, vice president and general manager of ELEAGUE for Turner Sports
- Craig Levine, CEO of ESL
- Ken Hershman, commissioner of the World Esports Association
- Patrick Chapman, head of esports for Facebook
- Keith Sheldon, senior vice president of programming for Barclays Center
- Manny Anekal, founder and CEO of TNL Media and Versus Sports
[geoip2 region=’ROW’][show-table name=betway][/geoip2]
Increasing synergy sought on esports
As the esports industry continues to grow and prepare for the future, stakeholders continue to get together to discuss what happens next.
It all comes as the viewership of esports continues to increase, as does the emphasis on live events for esports events both large and small.