A pair of hot teams meet when the Xavier Musketeers (3-0) host the Norfolk State Spartans (5-0) on Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The Musketeers will put their three-game win streak on the line against the Spartans, winners of five straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Musketeers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Spartans ( ).
This article references lines updated as of November 21, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. Browse all the up-to-date odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Xavier vs Norfolk State Betting Odds
Xavier Offense Vs. Norfolk State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Xavier Offense||Stats (Rank)||Norfolk State Defense|
|73.5 (111)||Points/Gm||69.7 (157)|
|69.3 (166)||Possessions/Game||72.7 (297)|
|45 (114)||Field Goal %||40.5 (32)|
|32 (262)||3PT %||32.3 (91)|
|51.2 (124)||Effective FG %||48 (83)|
|54.1 (159)||True Shooting %||51 (59)|
Norfolk State Offense vs. Xavier Defense (From 2020-21)
|Norfolk State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Xavier Defense|
|73.6 (109)||Points/Gm||71.3 (206)|
|71 (90)||Possessions/Game||69.2 (175)|
|42.7 (244)||Field Goal %||42.3 (117)|
|36.8 (46)||3PT %||34.6 (239)|
|49.3 (220)||Effective FG %||48.7 (116)|
|53.6 (178)||True Shooting %||52 (109)|
Xavier Betting Insights
- Xavier went 9-11-0 ATS last season.
- The Musketeers covered the spread when playing as at least 16.5-point favorites in their only opportunity last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total 11 times in Xavier’s games.
- Xavier and its opponents scored more than 143.5 points in 11 of 20 games last season.
- Musketeers matchups last season had an average point total of 142.5, 1.0 fewer point than this game’s over/under.
Norfolk State Betting Insights
- Norfolk State compiled a 13-8-1 ATS record last season.
- The Spartans did not cover the spread when an underdog by 16.5 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- Last season, 11 of Norfolk State’s games went over the point total.
- Norfolk State combined with its opponents to score more than 143.5 points in 12 of 22 games last season.
- The average over/under for Spartans outings last year was 144.3, 0.8 more points than this game’s total.
Xavier Key Players
- Zach Freemantle contributed 15.9 points per game last season and added 8.8 rebounds a contest.
- Paul Scruggs racked up 5.5 assists per game.
- Nate Johnson had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He hit 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- Scruggs collected 1.5 steals per game. Freemantle averaged 0.8 blocks a contest.
Norfolk State Key Players
- Devante Carter scored 14.9 points per game last season, while grabbing 5.1 rebounds per game averaging 4.0 assists per game.
- Joe Bryant Jr. hit 1.8 threes per game a season ago.
- Bryant Jr. grabbed 1.3 steals per game. Chris Ford averaged 0.8 blocks a game.