The Washington Wizards (0-5) are against the spread as they look to break a five-game losing streak when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves (2-2) on Friday, January 1, 2021 at Target Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-DC.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Wizards vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Left wrist), Jaylen Nowell: Out (Left Calf), Josh Okogie: Out (Hamstring)
Wizards and Timberwolves Records ATS
- With a mark of 35-36-1, Washington had a losing record against the spread last season.
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Wizards were 9-8 against the spread last season.
- 40 of 72 Washington games last season (55.6%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 23-40-1 record ATS, Minnesota did not routinely covered the spread last season.
- The Timberwolves were at least a 1-point underdog 21st times last season, where they had a record of 6-13-1 against the spread.
- 35 of Minnesota’s 64 games (54.7%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Bradley Beal (44 points) led the Wizards past Karl-Anthony Towns (36 points) and the Timberwolves 137-116 in their last matchup on Friday. The Timberwolves were favored by 5.5 points in the game, but the Wizards covered the spread. The 253 total points in the matchup went over the 239-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/15/2019||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-5.5||239||-233||191||Regular Season||137-116 WAS*|
|11/2/2019||Wizards||Wizards||-3||229.5||-149||126||Regular Season||131-109 MIN*|
|3/9/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||135-130 MIN|
|3/3/2019||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||135-121 WAS|
|3/13/2018||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-111 MIN|
|11/28/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||92-89 WAS|
|3/13/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-104 MIN|
|1/6/2017||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-105 WAS|
|3/25/2016||–||Wizards||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-129 MIN|
|3/2/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-98 WAS|
- 11/15/2019 DNP – Timberwolves: Andrew Wiggins
- 11/2/2019 DNP – Wizards: Jordan McRae; Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Last season, the Wizards were the league’s seventh-highest scoring team (114.4 PPG), while the Timberwolves allowed the 28th-fewest points per game (117.5) in NBA action.
- The Wizards had a negative point differential on the season (-336 total points, -4.7 per game), as did the Timberwolves (-275 total points, -4.3 per game).
- The Wizards points and assists leader is Beal. He puts up 31.2 points per game and records 4.2 assists.
- Beal’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 3.3 less than his season average of 39.8.
- Thomas Bryant paces Washington with 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Bryant’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 6.5 rebounds, 1.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 5.2.
- Davis Bertans is the top three-point shooter for the Wizards, knocking down 2.0 per game.
- Bertans’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 1.5 shots greater than his season average of 2.0.
- Beal leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Bryant collects 1.4 blocks a contest to pace Washington.
- Bryant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- Towns was solid last season with 26.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
- Ricky Rubio racked up 8.8 assists per game.
- Rubio averaged 1.4 steals per game. Towns collected 1.2 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from