The Washington Wizards (22-33) will try to continue a three-game win streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (17-39) on Saturday, April 17, 2021 at Capital One Arena as 5.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-DC. The over/under is 228.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 17, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Pistons Betting Odds
Wizards vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 17
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Hamidou Diallo: Day To Day (Knee),
Cory Joseph: Out (Ankle),
Wayne Ellington: Out (Rest),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Out (Knee),
Mason Plumlee: Out (Rest)
Wizards and Pistons Records ATS
- Washington has played to a 29-25 record against the spread this season.
- The Wizards have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 5.5 points, going 1-2 this season.
- Only 26 of 54 Washington games this season (48.1%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Detroit has a 29-23-2 record ATS this season.
- 28 of Detroit’s 54 games (51.9%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Josh Jackson (31 points) led the Pistons over Russell Westbrook (16 points) and the Wizards 120-91 in their most recent matchup on April 1, 2021. The Wizards were favored by 1 point in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread. The 211 total points in the matchup went under the 219.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/1/2021||Wizards||Pistons||-1||219.5||-115||-106||Regular Season||120-91 DET|
|3/27/2021||Wizards||Wizards||-5.5||224||-213||176||Regular Season||106-92 WAS|
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over on Saturday’s 228.5 total in 32 out of 55 games (58.2%) this season.
- In 15 out of Detroit’s 56 games this year (26.8%), the competing teams scored more points than the over/under in Saturday’s matchup.
- On average, the Wizards have seen a 232.4 over/under in their games this season, 3.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Pistons’ games have an over/under of 218.9 points this season, 9.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Wizards’ average implied point total this season is 2.9 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (119.9 implied points on average compared to 117 implied points in this game).
- This season, Washington has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 24 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pistons (112.1) is 0.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- Detroit has scored more than 112 points 21 times this season.
- The Wizards are the league’s 10th-highest scoring team (113.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 13th-fewest points per game (111.2) in NBA play.
- The Wizards have a -262-point scoring differential on the season (-4.8 per game). The Pistons have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-198 total points, -3.5 per game).
- The Wizards rebounds and assists leader is Westbrook. He grabs 10.9 rebounds and racks up 10.8 assists per game.
- Westbrook’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 12.5 boards, 1.6 rebounds greater than his season average of 10.9.
- Washington’s scoring leader is Bradley Beal, who racks up 31.0 points per game.
- Beal’s points prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 2.5 points lower than his season average of 31.0.
- The Wizards are led by Davis Bertans from beyond the arc. He hits 2.9 shots from deep per game.
- Bertans’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 1.6 shots greater than his season average of 2.9.
- Westbrook leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Daniel Gafford collects 1.2 blocks a game to pace Washington.
- Gafford’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
- Jerami Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 22.6 points per game and also tacks on 4.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per contest.
- Grant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 21.5, 1.1 points less than his season average of 22.6.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.1 rebounds per game) and Killian Hayes (3.9 assists per game).
- Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 3.4 less than his season average of 22.9.
- Wayne Ellington leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.5 made threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot lower than his season average of 2.5.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Hayes (1.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Grant (1.1 per game).
- Hayes’ steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals greater than his season average of 1.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from