The No. 21 Minnesota Golden Gophers (9-1) are () against the spread when they visit the No. 6 Wisconsin Badgers (8-2) at 4:30 PM ET on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at Kohl Center. The matchup airs on BTN. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 31, 2020, 2:13 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Wisconsin Betting Information
- Wisconsin has covered the spread as often as they haven’t this season, sporting a 5-5 ATS record.
- When favored by at least 8 points, the Badgers are 4-5 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 7 of 10 Wisconsin games this season (70%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
Wisconsin Players to Watch
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has topped the spread so far this season with a record ATS of 5-3-1.
- When playing as at least an 8-point underdog, the Golden Gophers frequently meet expectations with a 2-1-1 record against the spread.
- Two of the Golden Gophers nine games (22.2%) this season have failed to hit the over on the point total.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- In Wisconsin’s matchups this season, the Badgers and their opponents have exceeded Thursday’s total of 143 points eight times (80% of opportunities).
- In eight out of Minnesota’s 10 games this year (80%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the over/under in Thursday’s matchup.
- The Badgers average 76.7 points per game against the Golden Gophers’ 84.3, amounting to 18 points over the matchup’s over/under of 143.
- These two teams give up a combined 134.5 points per game, 8.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Badgers have seen a 137.3 average over/under in their games this season, 5.7 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 15.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Gophers games this season (158.2 points).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2020||Wisconsin||Wisconsin||-5.5||129||-256||201||Regular Season||71-69 WISC|
|2/5/2020||Minnesota||Minnesota||-3.5||126||-175||143||Regular Season||70-52 MINN|
|2/6/2019||N/A||Minnesota||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-51 WISC|
|1/3/2019||N/A||Wisconsin||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-52 MINN|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from