The Heartland Trophy is up for grabs when the Wisconsin Badgers (4-3, 2-2 Big Ten) and the No. 9 Iowa Hawkeyes (6-1, 3-1 Big Ten) take the field. The Badgers () and the Hawkeyes ( to win on the moneyline) match up on October 30, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The point total for the contest is set at points.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 30, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Wisconsin Vs. Iowa Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Wisconsin Offense Vs. Iowa Defense
|Badgers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hawkeyes Defense|
|21.1 (110)||Points/Gm||14.6 (3)|
|363.6 (88)||Yards/Gm||301.1 (13)|
|146.0 (122)||Pass Yards/Gm||211.4 (52)|
|217.6 (19)||Rush Yards/Gm||89.7 (6)|
|6.3 (111)||Yards/Pass||5.8 (8)|
|4.6 (50)||Yards/Rush||2.7 (5)|
|27.8% (126)||3rd Down %||37.4% (52)|
|12 (112)||Turnovers||15 (1)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||12 (18)|
Iowa Offense Vs. Wisconsin Defense
|Iowa Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wisconsin Defense|
|28.0 (74)||Points/Gm||18.4 (16)|
|310.9 (115)||Yards/Gm||223.9 (2)|
|194.3 (99)||Pass Yards/Gm||169.7 (13)|
|116.6 (102)||Rush Yards/Gm||54.1 (1)|
|6.5 (107)||Yards/Pass||6.0 (10)|
|3.1 (116)||Yards/Rush||1.9 (1)|
|38.6% (77)||3rd Down %||26.8% (4)|
|9 (82)||Turnovers||5 (101)|
|8 (68)||Sacks||9 (54)|
When Wisconsin Has The Ball
- The Badgers rank 112th in college football, committing 12 turnovers this season, while the Hawkeyes are first with 15 turnovers forced.
- Iowa has the third-ranked scoring defense (14.6 points per game). Wisconsin’s 110th-ranked scoring offense puts up 21.1 points per game.
- The Hawkeyes’ defense gives up 5.8 yards per pass attempt (eighth in the FBS). The Badgers’ offense averages 6.3 yards per pass (111th in college football).
- Wisconsin is 88th in college football, racking up 363.6 yards per game, while Iowa ranks 13th in yards conceded (301.1).
When Iowa Has The Ball
- The Hawkeyes average 3.1 yards per carry (116th in college football) compared to the 1.9 per attempt the Badgers give up (first in the FBS).
- Iowa averages 310.9 yards per game to rank 115th in the FBS. They take on a Wisconsin defense ranked second, allowing 223.9 yards per game.
- The Badgers allow 54.1 rushing yards per game (first in the FBS). The Hawkeyes’ running game ranks 102nd in college football (116.6).
- Iowa’s offense averages 6.5 yards per pass attempt (107th in the FBS). Wisconsin’s defense allows 6.0 yards per passing play (10th in college football).
Wisconsin Betting Trends And Insights
- Wisconsin is 3-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Badgers have an ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 3-point favorites this season.
- A total of three out of Wisconsin’s seven games this season have gone over the point total.
- Wisconsin’s games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 36 points four times.
- The Badgers have won four of the seven games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (57.1%).
Iowa Betting Trends And Insights
- Iowa has won five games against the spread this year, while failing to cover twice.
- The Hawkeyes have won their only game this year when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- So far this year, two of Iowa’s games have gone over the point total.
- Iowa and its opponents have combined to score more than 36 points in six of seven games this season.
- The Hawkeyes won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Wisconsin Players To Watch
- This season, Graham Mertz has collected 945 passing yards (135.0 yards per game) while completing 85 of 152 passes (55.9% completion percentage), with two touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Chez Mellusi has 139 carries for a team-high 692 rushing yards (98.9 per game) and four touchdowns.
- So far this year Braelon Allen has rushed for 428 yards on 58 carries (71.3 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- This season Danny Davis III has 18 catches and leads the team with 241 yards (60.3 per game).
- Kendric Pryor has tacked on 225 yards (on 18 catches) and one touchdown.
- Jake Ferguson has caught 22 passes for 202 yards, averaging 28.9 yards per game this year.
Iowa Players To Watch
- This year, Spencer Petras has recorded 1,333 passing yards (190.4 yards per game) while going 119-for-200 (59.5% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Tyler Goodson has rushed for a team-leading 586 yards on 136 attempts (83.7 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns. He also averages 25.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 18 passes for 178 yards and one touchdown.
- Ivory Kelly-Martin has rushed for 191 yards on 43 carries (27.3 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- This season Sam LaPorta has 28 catches and leads the team with 332 yards (47.4 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Nico Ragaini’s stat line this year shows 17 catches for 234 yards and one touchdown. He averages 33.4 receiving yards per game.
- This season Keagan Johnson has caught six passes for 187 yards and one touchdown, averaging 62.3 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from