The Wisconsin Badgers (11-5, 3-3 Big Ten) aim to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Penn State Nittany Lions (12-5, 3-3 Big Ten) at 8:30 PM ET on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at Kohl Center. The game airs on Big Ten Network. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Badgers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Nittany Lions ( ).
The betting insights in this article reference odds valid as of January 17, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Wisconsin vs Penn State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Wisconsin Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Wisconsin Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|66.8 (303)||Points/Gm||67.4 (127)|
|7.9 (248)||Possessions/Game||19.3 (360)|
|42.6 (276)||Field Goal %||41.2 (71)|
|36.3 (74)||3PT %||32.9 (147)|
|50.1 (227)||Effective FG %||47.5 (89)|
|52.7 (255)||True Shooting %||51.2 (61)|
Penn State Offense Vs. Wisconsin Defense
|Penn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wisconsin Defense|
|75.4 (108)||Points/Gm||62.9 (31)|
|19.3 (5)||Possessions/Game||7.9 (109)|
|46.7 (70)||Field Goal %||43.1 (160)|
|39.8 (8)||3PT %||32.3 (123)|
|56.1 (17)||Effective FG %||49.0 (146)|
|58.3 (36)||True Shooting %||52.0 (93)|
Best Betting Sites For Wisconsin vs Penn State
Wisconsin Betting Insights
- Wisconsin has covered eight times in 16 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Badgers have covered the spread twice when favored by 3.5 points or more this season (in seven opportunities).
- Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to hit the over nine out of 16 times this season.
- The Badgers and their opponents have gone over 129.5 combined points in nine of 16 games this season.
- Wisconsin has an average point total of 129.7 in its games this year, 0.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered 10 times in 17 games with a spread this year.
- The Nittany Lions have covered the spread once when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year (in three opportunities).
- In Penn State’s 17 chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total nine times.
- Nittany Lions games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 129.5 points in 12 of 17 outings.
- Penn State’s games this year have had a 142.7-point total on average, 13.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Wisconsin Key Players
- The Badgers scoring leader is Tyler Wahl, who contributes 13.2 points per game.
- Steven Crowl paces Wisconsin with 6.6 rebounds per game and Chucky Hepburn leads the team with 3.3 assists per contest.
- The Badgers are led by Hepburn from long distance. He hits 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Wisconsin’s blocks leader is Crowl, who collects 0.7 per game. Hepburn leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a game.
Penn State Key Players
- Jalen Pickett leads the Nittany Lions in all things points, rebounds and assists, putting up 17.6 points, 7.4 grabbing rebounds and dishing 7.4 assists per game.
- Andrew Funk makes more threes per game than any other member of the Nittany Lions, cashing in 3.1 treys per game.
- Penn State’s Pickett has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Kebba Njie is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.