The No. 3 seed Wisconsin Badgers (24-7) will look to beat the No. 14 seed Colgate Raiders (22-11) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at Fiserv Forum. The contest begins at 9:50 PM. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Badgers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Raiders ( ).
BetMGM March Madness Special Offer! Bet $10 on a moneyline and win $200 if either team makes a 3-pointer!
Wisconsin vs Colgate Betting Odds
Wisconsin vs Colgate Betting Analysis
When Wisconsin has the ball on offense, they first must look to get the ball into the hands of their leading scorer, Naismith POY candidate Johnny Davis. But the Badgers have a pretty low frequency in which they get quality shots when attacking the rim. They do have an adj SQ value of 0.24 which is ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Furthermore, Wisconsin has far more offensive possessions resulting in high quality shots than that of their defense allows to their opponents.
Colgate is ranked as the third-most efficient 3-point shooting team in the entire country. Also, the Raiders have a top-15 ranking in the country in regard to efficiency in transition, and a top-30 nationwide ranking when it comes to their efficiency on shots when attacking the rim.
Although Colgate’s efficiency metrics indicate that they could find some success in their offensive half versus this Badger defense, 7.5 points may not enough of a cushion to warrant a wager in this game on the Colgate side.
Wisconsin Offense Vs. Colgate Defense
|Wisconsin Offense||Stats (Rank)||Colgate Defense|
|70.7 (183)||Points/Gm||67.6 (135)|
|66.4 (261)||Possessions/Game||66.9 (87)|
|42.5 (267)||Field Goal %||43.0 (170)|
|31.3 (290)||3PT %||33.7 (191)|
|48.2 (280)||Effective FG %||49.0 (152)|
|52.7 (224)||True Shooting %||51.6 (128)|
Colgate Offense Vs. Wisconsin Defense
|Colgate Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wisconsin Defense|
|75.4 (61)||Points/Gm||66.5 (101)|
|66.8 (243)||Possessions/Game||67.3 (104)|
|47.4 (30)||Field Goal %||43.7 (201)|
|40.1 (2)||3PT %||32.4 (119)|
|55.9 (15)||Effective FG %||49.2 (160)|
|58.3 (24)||True Shooting %||51.6 (128)|
Wisconsin Betting Insights
- Wisconsin has covered 17 times in 32 games with a spread this season.
- The Badgers have been favored by 7 points or more nine times this season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- In Wisconsin’s 32 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 18 times.
- Wisconsin and its opponents have gone over 139.5 combined points in 11 of 32 games this season.
- Badgers contests this year have an average point total of 135.0, 4.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Colgate Betting Insights
- Colgate has covered 17 times in 33 games with a spread this season.
- The Raiders have covered the spread twice this year (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- A total of 17 Colgate games this season have hit the over.
- Colgate has played 20 games this season that have had more than 139.5 combined points scored.
- The average over/under for Raiders matchups this season is 142.2, 2.7 more points than this game’s total.
Wisconsin Key Players
- Jonathan Davis leads the Badgers in points and rebounds. He contributes 19.7 points per game while also adding 8.2 rebounds.
- Wisconsin’s assists leader is Chucky Hepburn, who averages 2.3 per game.
- Brad Davison is the top three-point shooter for the Badgers, knocking down 2.5 per game.
- Tyler Wahl leads Wisconsin in both blocks and steals, averaging 0.8 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.
Colgate Key Players
- The Raiders leader in scoring is Nelly Cummings with 14.9 points per game. He also adds 3.0 rebounds per game and 3.4 assists per game.
- The Colgate leaders in rebounds and assists are Keegan Records (6.1 rebounds per game) and Tucker Richardson (3.8 assists per game).
- Jack Ferguson is tops from three-point range for the Raiders, knocking down 2.6 treys per game.
- Colgate’s Richardson has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and Records is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
March Madness bracket & live odds