The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (7-12, 3-5 Big South) will attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Winthrop Eagles (8-13, 3-5 Big South) on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at Winthrop Coliseum. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Eagles’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Buccaneers ( ).
The betting facts in this article are based off odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Winthrop vs Charleston Southern Betting Odds
Winthrop Offense Vs. Charleston Southern Defense
|Winthrop Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charleston Southern Defense|
|71.8 (175)||Points/Gm||75.0 (315)|
|12.6 (247)||Possessions/Game||16.3 (270)|
|46.0 (100)||Field Goal %||46.3 (305)|
|35.3 (111)||3PT %||36.3 (306)|
|54.1 (48)||Effective FG %||53.1 (301)|
|58.5 (29)||True Shooting %||59.4 (314)|
Charleston Southern Offense Vs. Winthrop Defense
|Charleston Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Winthrop Defense|
|76.1 (79)||Points/Gm||74.2 (304)|
|16.3 (91)||Possessions/Game||12.6 (113)|
|44.5 (187)||Field Goal %||47.1 (328)|
|34.2 (176)||3PT %||34.3 (216)|
|51.3 (169)||Effective FG %||53.4 (316)|
|53.0 (247)||True Shooting %||55.9 (215)|
Best Betting Sites For Winthrop vs Charleston Southern
Winthrop Betting Insights
- Winthrop has put together a 7-11-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have been favored by 4.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in both.
- In Winthrop’s 19 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total nine times.
- The Eagles and their opponents have gone over 146 combined points in 10 of 19 games this season.
- Winthrop’s outings this year have an average point total of 146.0, which equals this game’s over/under.
Charleston Southern Betting Insights
- Charleston Southern is 11-6-0 ATS this year.
- When playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs this season, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 8-3.
- A total of 13 Charleston Southern’s games this season have gone over the point total.
- Buccaneers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 146 points in eight of 17 outings.
- Charleston Southern’s average game total this season has been 151.1, 5.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Winthrop Key Players
- Kelton Talford leads the Eagles in points and rebounds. He puts up 16.2 points per game while tacking on 8.2 rebounds.
- Winthrop’s assists leader is Kasen Harrison, who racks up 3.4 per game.
- Sin’cere McMahon is the top three-point shooter for the Eagles, knocking down 2.3 per game.
- Chase Claxton averages 1.4 steals and 1.4 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Winthrop.
Charleston Southern Key Players
- The Buccaneers leader in scoring is Claudell Harris Jr. with 18.6 points per game. He also adds 3.9 rebounds per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- When it comes to Charleston Southern leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Taje’ Kelly with 5.5 rebounds per game and R.J. Johnson with 3.2 assists per game.
- Tahlik Chavez makes more threes per game than any other member of the Buccaneers, cashing in 2.8 treys per game.
- Kalib Clinton tops Charleston Southern in steals with 1.1 per game, and RJ Duhart leads the squad in blocks with 0.7 per game.