The Charlotte 49ers (12-7, 3-5 C-USA) will attempt to end a four-game road losing streak when they square off against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (11-8, 3-5 C-USA) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at E. A. Diddle Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hilltoppers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the 49ers ( ).
The betting facts in the article below reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Western Kentucky vs Charlotte Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Western Kentucky Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense
|Western Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|73.5 (145)||Points/Gm||60.9 (17)|
|7.4 (297)||Possessions/Game||17.9 (354)|
|45.2 (146)||Field Goal %||41.6 (79)|
|38.6 (19)||3PT %||35.3 (262)|
|52.5 (102)||Effective FG %||48.5 (127)|
|55.8 (124)||True Shooting %||50.3 (36)|
Charlotte Offense Vs. Western Kentucky Defense
|Charlotte Offense||Stats (Rank)||Western Kentucky Defense|
|67.9 (281)||Points/Gm||68.9 (172)|
|17.9 (11)||Possessions/Game||7.4 (60)|
|47.8 (34)||Field Goal %||41.8 (89)|
|38.2 (26)||3PT %||36.2 (295)|
|55.4 (25)||Effective FG %||49.3 (159)|
|58.3 (34)||True Shooting %||57.6 (262)|
Best Betting Sites For Western Kentucky vs Charlotte
Western Kentucky Betting Insights
- Western Kentucky has put together a 6-9-2 ATS record so far this year.
- The Hilltoppers are 4-7 ATS this season when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have combined to go over the point total eight out of 17 times this season.
- Hilltoppers games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 129.5 points 11 times.
- Western Kentucky has an average point total of 142.4 in its contests this year, 12.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Charlotte Betting Insights
- Charlotte has put together a 12-7-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The 49ers are 4-1 ATS this year when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- A total of nine Charlotte’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- 49ers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 129.5 points in nine of 19 outings.
- Charlotte’s matchups this season have a 128.8-point average over/under, 0.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
Western Kentucky Key Players
- Dayvion McKnight leads the Hilltoppers in scoring (17.0 points per game) and assists (4.3 assists per game).
- Jamarion Sharp paces Western Kentucky with 7.1 rebounds per game.
- The Hilltoppers are led by Luke Frampton from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- Western Kentucky’s blocks leader is Sharp, who collects 4.3 per game. McKnight leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a contest.
Charlotte Key Players
- Aly Khalifa is number one on the 49ers leaderboard in both rebounds (7.2 per game) and assists (3.3 per game).
- Brice Williams scores 11.5 points per game to pace Charlotte.
- Jackson Threadgill leads the 49ers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.3 made threes per game.
- Montre’ Gipson tops Charlotte in steals with 1.3 per game, and Khalifa leads the squad in blocks with 0.7 per game.