The West Virginia Mountaineers (10-7, 0-5 Big 12) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the No. 14 TCU Horned Frogs (14-3, 3-2 Big 12) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at WVU Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mountaineers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Horned Frogs ( ).
The betting facts in this article use the latest odds as of January 18, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
West Virginia vs TCU Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
West Virginia Offense Vs. TCU Defense
|West Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||TCU Defense|
|78.1 (49)||Points/Gm||64.6 (62)|
|8.0 (233)||Possessions/Game||12.8 (313)|
|47.0 (59)||Field Goal %||41.0 (58)|
|35.7 (98)||3PT %||30.1 (41)|
|53.1 (85)||Effective FG %||46.1 (35)|
|56.8 (79)||True Shooting %||48.7 (15)|
TCU Offense Vs. West Virginia Defense
|TCU Offense||Stats (Rank)||West Virginia Defense|
|78.1 (49)||Points/Gm||69.4 (187)|
|12.8 (49)||Possessions/Game||8.0 (123)|
|45.9 (106)||Field Goal %||43.4 (176)|
|28.6 (350)||3PT %||33.9 (202)|
|50.2 (222)||Effective FG %||49.6 (173)|
|54.3 (199)||True Shooting %||54.5 (166)|
Best Betting Sites For West Virginia vs TCU
West Virginia Betting Insights
- West Virginia has compiled an 8-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers have been favored by 2.5 points or more nine times this season, and covered the spread in six of those matchups.
- So far this season, 12 out of West Virginia’s 17 games have hit the over.
- In nine of 17 games this season, the Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to total more than 149 points.
- West Virginia has an average point total of 147.5 in its outings this year, 1.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
TCU Betting Insights
- TCU is 10-6-1 ATS this season.
- The Horned Frogs are 3-0 ATS this year when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- TCU’s games have hit the over 11 out of 17 times this year.
- Horned Frogs games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 149 points in six of 17 outings.
- TCU’s outings this season have a 142.7-point average over/under, 6.3 fewer points than this game’s point total.
West Virginia Key Players
- Tre Mitchell leads the Mountaineers in points and rebounds. He averages 13.6 points per game while also adding 5.9 rebounds.
- The team is led in assists by Kedrian Johnson’s 3.4 per game.
- The Mountaineers are led by Erik Stevenson from beyond the arc. He hits 1.9 shots from deep per game.
- Johnson leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. Mitchell collects 0.5 blocks an outing to pace West Virginia.
TCU Key Players
- The Horned Frogs go-to guy, Mike Miles, leads the team in both scoring (19.0 points per game) and assists (3.4 assists per game).
- When it comes to rebounds, Eddie Lampkin is the TCU leader with 7.2 per game.
- Chuck O’Bannon Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Horned Frogs, cashing in 1.2 treys per game.
- Nobody on TCU grabs more steals than Miles (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than O’Bannon Jr. (1.1 per game).