The West Virginia Mountaineers (2-0) square off against the Elon Phoenix (2-1) on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mountaineers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Phoenix ( ).
The betting insights in the following article reflect odds as of November 18, 2021 at 8:01 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
West Virginia vs Elon Betting Odds
West Virginia Offense Vs. Elon Defense (From 2020-21)
|West Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||Elon Defense|
|77.3 (43)||Points/Gm||65.7 (55)|
|70 (131)||Possessions/Game||65.5 (34)|
|42.9 (234)||Field Goal %||42.8 (149)|
|36.4 (57)||3PT %||32.4 (96)|
|48.9 (236)||Effective FG %||49.6 (172)|
|53.6 (178)||True Shooting %||53.5 (197)|
Elon Offense vs. West Virginia Defense (From 2020-21)
|Elon Offense||Stats (Rank)||West Virginia Defense|
|64.8 (312)||Points/Gm||72 (224)|
|65.1 (320)||Possessions/Game||71 (246)|
|41.1 (299)||Field Goal %||45 (243)|
|33.1 (202)||3PT %||33.6 (171)|
|48.3 (261)||Effective FG %||51.4 (249)|
|51.8 (259)||True Shooting %||53.4 (189)|
West Virginia Betting Insights
- West Virginia covered 15 times in 31 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Mountaineers covered the spread twice last season (2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 14-point favorites.
- West Virginia and its opponents combined to go over the point total 20 out of 31 times last season.
- West Virginia and its opponents scored more than 135.5 points in 25 of 31 games last season.
- Mountaineers matchups last season had an average point total of 143.6, 8.1 more points than this game’s over/under.
Elon Betting Insights
- Elon went 11-8-0 ATS last season.
- A total of four of Elon’s games last season went over the point total.
- Elon played four games last season that finished with a point total over 135.5 points.
- The average over/under for Phoenix matchups last year was 136.2, 0.7 more points than this game’s total.
West Virginia Key Players
- Miles McBride put up 15.9 points per game last season and added 4.8 assists.
- Derek Culver grabbed 9.4 rebounds per game.
- Sean McNeil was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 2.4 per game.
- McBride collected 1.9 steals per game. Culver averaged 0.8 blocks a contest.
Elon Key Players
- Hunter McIntosh averaged 15.6 points per game last season.
- Hunter Woods notched 7.1 rebounds per game and Ikenna Ndugba averaged 3.2 assists per game.
- McIntosh was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 2.6 per game.
- Darius Burford collected 1.4 steals per game. Michael Graham averaged 1.1 blocks a game.