The Detroit Pistons (0-3) will look to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Golden State Warriors (1-2) on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Little Caesars Arena as underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-DET. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Warriors vs Pistons Betting Odds
Warriors vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 29
Warriors: Alen Smailagic: Day To Day (Knee), Klay Thompson: Out For Season (Right Achilles), Marquese Chriss: Out (Leg), Draymond Green: Out (Right Foot)
Pistons: Blake Griffin: Out (Injury management), Derrick Rose: Out (Rest), Jahlil Okafor: Out (Right ankle)
Warriors and Pistons Records ATS
- Golden State managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, amassing a record of 31-33-1 against the spread.
- The Warriors had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 3.5 points, going 0-2 last season.
- Only 30 of 65 Golden State games last season (46.2%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Detroit typically came up short ATS last season, with a 27-37-1 record.
- When playing as at least a 3.5-point underdog last season, the Pistons frequently had trouble covering with only a 5-10 record against the spread.
- 38 of Detroit’s 65 games (58.5%) last season went over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Pistons defeated the Warriors 111-104 in the last meeting between the two teams on Saturday. Alec Burks scored 27 points to pace the Warriors, and Derrick Rose scored 22 points for the Pistons. The Pistons covered the spread as 2.5-point favorites, and the teams scored 215 total points to hit the over on the 213.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2020||Pistons||Warriors||-2.5||213.5||-141||118||Regular Season||111-104 DET|
|3/24/2019||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-114 GS|
|12/1/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-102 DET|
|12/8/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-98 GS|
|10/29/2017||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-107 DET|
|1/12/2017||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-107 GS|
|12/23/2016||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-113 GS|
|1/16/2016||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-95 DET|
|11/9/2015||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-95 GS|
|3/11/2015||–||Warriors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-98 GS|
- Golden State and its opponents went over Tuesday’s 222.5 total in 28 out of 65 games (43.1%) last year.
- In Detroit’s games last year, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Tuesday’s matchup point total in 30 out of 66 matchups (45.5%).
- Last season the average total for Warriors games was 221.4 points, 1.1 fewer than the over/under of 222.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 4.5 points more than the average over/under in Pistons’ games last season (218 points).
- The Warriors’ average implied point total last season was 1.4 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (114.4 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Golden State scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 20 times last season.
- The Pistons’ average implied point total last season (112.1 points) is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (110 points).
- Last season, Detroit scored more than this game’s implied total of 110 points 28 times.
- Last season, the Warriors were the league’s 28th-highest scoring team (106.3 PPG), while the Pistons allowed the 15th-fewest points per game (110.8) in NBA action.
- The Warriors were out-scored by 566 points last season (8.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pistons have out-scored them by 235 more points on the year (3.6 per game).
- Andrew Wiggins scored 22.4 points per game last season.
- Draymond Green dished out 6.2 assists a game and Kelly Oubre Jr. grabbed 6.4 rebounds per contest.
- Green grabbed 1.4 steals per game. Marquese Chriss collected 1.1 blocks an outing.
- Rose scored 18.1 points per game last season while also adding 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee pulled down 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Delon Wright collected 1.2 per game. Jerami Grant averaged 0.8 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from