The No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (14-3, 6-2 ACC) will look to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (14-5, 6-2 ACC) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. The Demon Deacons have also won four games in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cavaliers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Demon Deacons ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Virginia vs Wake Forest Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Virginia Offense Vs. Wake Forest Defense
|Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wake Forest Defense|
|70.0 (219)||Points/Gm||72.1 (259)|
|7.5 (301)||Possessions/Game||10.9 (180)|
|46.1 (95)||Field Goal %||44.0 (199)|
|38.2 (23)||3PT %||32.9 (147)|
|53.4 (73)||Effective FG %||51.1 (233)|
|57.3 (63)||True Shooting %||54.4 (164)|
Wake Forest Offense Vs. Virginia Defense
|Wake Forest Offense||Stats (Rank)||Virginia Defense|
|77.9 (51)||Points/Gm||59.9 (11)|
|10.9 (180)||Possessions/Game||7.5 (58)|
|47.3 (46)||Field Goal %||40.7 (46)|
|37.6 (37)||3PT %||34.9 (247)|
|55.2 (29)||Effective FG %||47.5 (80)|
|58.2 (38)||True Shooting %||50.3 (38)|
Best Betting Sites For Virginia vs Wake Forest
Virginia Betting Insights
- Virginia has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 11 times.
- The Cavaliers have covered the spread four times this season (4-10 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Virginia and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 17 times this season.
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have gone over 132 combined points in six of 17 games this season.
- Virginia has had an average of 129.9 points in its games this season, 2.1 fewer than this matchup’s total.
Wake Forest Betting Insights
- Wake Forest has put together an 11-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Demon Deacons have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs this year.
- So far this season, 13 out of Wake Forest’s 19 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Demon Deacons have combined with their opponents to score more than 132 points in 18 of 19 games this season.
- Wake Forest’s average game total this season has been 150.0, 18.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Virginia Key Players
- Armaan Franklin leads the Cavaliers scoring 12.1 points per game.
- Jayden Gardner paces Virginia with 4.8 rebounds per game and Kihei Clark leads the team with 5.9 assists per outing.
- The Cavaliers are led by Franklin from long distance. He makes 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Clark leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Kadin Shedrick collects 1.6 blocks an outing to pace Virginia.
Wake Forest Key Players
- The Demon Deacons go-to guy, Tyree Appleby, leads the team in both scoring (18.1 points per game) and assists (6.1 assists per game).
- When it comes to rebounds, Cameron Hildreth is the Wake Forest leader with 6.3 per game.
- Damari Monsanto is tops from three-point range for the Demon Deacons, hitting 2.9 treys per game.
- Wake Forest’s Appleby has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Andrew Carr is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.