The Coppin State Eagles (1-5) will look to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Virginia Cavaliers (1-2) on Friday, November 19, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cavaliers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Eagles ( ).
The betting insights in the article below reflect odds as of November 19, 2021 at 4:17 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Virginia vs Coppin State Betting Odds
Virginia Offense Vs. Coppin State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coppin State Defense|
|67.3 (269)||Points/Gm||79.1 (328)|
|59.9 (347)||Possessions/Game||80.8 (347)|
|47 (44)||Field Goal %||40.9 (46)|
|36.7 (50)||3PT %||30 (20)|
|54.8 (30)||Effective FG %||47.1 (53)|
|58.2 (27)||True Shooting %||50.6 (45)|
Coppin State Offense vs. Virginia Defense (From 2020-21)
|Coppin State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Virginia Defense|
|72.8 (128)||Points/Gm||60.8 (5)|
|78.1 (8)||Possessions/Game||60.2 (1)|
|41.1 (299)||Field Goal %||41.8 (81)|
|30.3 (317)||3PT %||33.5 (162)|
|48.6 (246)||Effective FG %||48.1 (90)|
|52.1 (241)||True Shooting %||51.6 (84)|
Virginia Betting Insights
- Virginia put together an 11-12-0 record against the spread last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total 12 times in Virginia’s games.
- Virginia’s 23 games last season went over this contest’s total of 128 points 10 times.
- Cavaliers outings last season had an average total of 126.7, 1.3 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Coppin State Betting Insights
- Coppin State has compiled a 3-3-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Eagles have been an underdog by 24.5 points or more this year twice, and failed to cover both times.
- This season, games featuring Coppin State have gone over the point total twice.
- Coppin State has combined with its opponent to score more than 128 points in four of six games this season.
- Eagles contests this season have a 147.6-point average over/under, 19.6 more points than this game’s total.
Virginia Key Players
- Sam Hauser averaged 15.9 points per game last season.
- Kihei Clark collected 4.6 assists a game and Jay Huff grabbed 7.2 rebounds per matchup.
- Hauser was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 2.5 per game.
- Reece Beekman grabbed 1.2 steals per game. Huff averaged 2.6 blocks a contest.
Coppin State Key Players
- The Eagles go-to guy, Jesse Zarzuela, leads the team in both scoring (13.2 points per game) and assists (3.2 assists per game).
- When it comes to rebounds, Tyree Corbett is the Coppin State leader with 5.8 per game.
- Zarzuela leads the Eagles in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.3 made threes per game.
- Nendah Tarke tops Coppin State in steals with 2.8 per game, and Mike Hood leads the squad in blocks with 0.5 per game.