Viktor Hovland hasodds to win the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) as he tries to improve on his 12th-place showing at this tournament in 2021 with another high finish. The Saint Andrews, United Kingdom course will host 156 competitors from July 13-16. Collin Morikawa won the tournament the last time it was held.
The betting insights in the article below reflect odds as of July 13, 2022 at 9:32 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Viktor Hovland odds for The Open Championship
Hovland’s recent form
- In his last five appearances, Hovland has an average finish of 38th.
- He’s qualified for the weekend in three of his last five events.
- Over his last five events, Hovland has carded a score that’s better than average in one of those outings.
- In his last five events, his average score has been +3.
UP TO $1,050 FREE
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
$50 Free On Deposit
Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
To Claim: Click Play Now
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Hovland at The Open Championship
- Hovland finished 12th here in his last appearance at the tournament (2021).
- His last time here, he completed one bogey-free round.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- The par 72 measures 7,297 yards for this week, which is 33 yards longer than the average Tour stop over the past 12 months.
- Over the last year, PGA Tour stops have seen an average score of -5, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) has a recent scoring average of -6.
- St Andrews Links (Old Course) checks in at 7,297 yards, six yards shorter than the average course Hovland has played over the past year (7,303 yards).
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -4. That’s higher than this course’s recent scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Viktor Hovland 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||MC||74-73||–||–||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||MC||70-77||1.9||3.64||$0|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||51||71-73-78-71 (+5)||-2.2||9.024||$29,760|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||21||69-65-73-71 (-2)||–||–||$98,700|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||41||70-70-75-70 (+5)||9.584||1.748||$43,839|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||27||72-76-71-73 (+4)||2.276||5.06||$0|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||33||69-70-68-71 (-6)||-0.44||4.08||$41,600|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||9||71-73-68-69 (-7)||11.516||-3.143||$525,000|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||2||69-66-75-74 (-4)||10.098||2.082||$908,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||4||71-64-65-70 (-14)||6.473||5.09||$540,000|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||MC||72-72||-4.072||0.905||$0|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||30||69-69-73-67 (-14)||-1.912||-3.219||$108,000|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from