NFC North opponents square off when the Minnesota Vikings (2-5) host the Detroit Lions (3-4) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 U.S. Bank Stadium. Minnesota is favored by . The contest has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 2, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Lions vs. Vikings betting odds
- Vikings games have gone over 53.0 points on five occasions this season (71.4% of matchups).
- In three (42.9%) games this season, the Lions have combined with their opponents to go over 53.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 51.4 points per contest, 1.6 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- These two teams yield a combined 60 points per game, 7.0 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Vikings games average 56.7 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total for Lions games is 54.7 points, 1.7 more than this game’s over/under.
- The Vikings are the 13th-highest scoring team in the league this year. The Lions have scored the 18th-most points.
- Minnesota is the NFL’s 29th-ranked scoring defense while Detroit is the 26th-ranked.
Vikings Betting Insights
- Most of Minnesota’s games this year — five out of seven — have gone over the point total (71.4%).
- Minnesota is 4-3 against the spread.
- The Vikings are just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit’s games have hit the over in four out of seven opportunities this season (57.1%).
- Detroit has a losing 3-4 record against the spread.
Vikings vs Lions: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/8/2019||Vikings||Vikings||-12||44||-530||+440||354-231 MIN||20-7 MIN|
|10/20/2019||Vikings||Lions||-2.5||43||-143||+128||503-433 MIN||42-30 MIN|
When the Vikings Have the Ball
- The Vikings have averaged 3.3 fewer points per game this season (26.1) than the Lions have allowed (29.4).
- In games where Minnesota score at least 26.1 points this season, they are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 29.4 points or fewer this year, the Lions have accumulated a 3-1 overall record and a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Vikings offense has averaged 367 total yards per game this season, within 11.4 yards of the 378.4 the Lions defense has allowed. On average, the Vikings pick up 6.3 yards per play and the Lions give up 5.6.
- When the Minnesota offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 1-3 overall and 3-1 against the spread this season.
- When Detroit allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall this season.
- The Lions have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 130 yards per game in 2020 compared to the 144 yards the Vikings offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- When Minnesota rushers gain at least a combined 144 yards this season, they are 2-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- This season, when the Detroit defense allows opponents to pick up less than 130 yards on the ground, they are 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- This season, the Lions have forced an average of 1 turnover per game compared to the 1.7 times Vikings have turned the football over in each contest.
- When Minnesota turns the football over 1.7 times or fewer this season, they are 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Detroit is 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall this season when they force at least 1 turnover in a game.
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions rack up 25.3 points per game, 5.3 fewer than the Vikings give up per matchup (30.6).
- Detroit is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 25.3 points.
- Minnesota has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall in games when it allows 26.1 points or less.
- The Lions rack up 61.6 fewer yards per game (350.1), than the Vikings allow per matchup (411.7). The Lions average 5.6 yards per play, while the Vikings allow 6.1 per play.
- Minnesota’s record last season when they racked up at least their season average in total yards: 7-2 overall and 6-3 ATS.
- In games Minnesota limits its opponents to 411.7 or fewer yards, it has a 3-1 record ATS and a 2-2 record overall.
- The Lions rush for 97.1 yards per game, 27.3 fewer per game than the 124.4 the Vikings allow per outing.
- When Detroit runs for at least 97.1 yards, it compiled a 1-1 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record.
- Minnesota is 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when holding opponents to 124.4 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Lions turn the ball over 0.9 times per game, just per game than the 0.9 the Vikings force on average.
- Detroit has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it turns the ball over 0.9 times or less.
- This season, Minnesota has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when it forces at least 0.9 turnovers.
Vikings Players to Watch
- Cousins has thrown for 1,635 yards while completing 65.6% of his passes (124-of-189), with 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in seven games this year (233.6 yards per game).
- Cook has ran for a team-leading 652 yards on 122 attempts (108.7 yards per game) while scoring 10 touchdowns in six games. He also averages 21.2 receiving yards per game, grabbing 14 passes for 127 yards and one touchdown.
- In seven games in 2020, Mattison has rushed for 253 yards on 57 carries (36.1 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jefferson has reeled in 31 passes to lead the team with 563 yards with three touchdowns. He has been targeted 40 times and averages 80.4 yards per game over seven outings.
- Thielen’s statline this year shows 35 grabs for 442 yards and seven touchdowns in seven games. He puts up 63.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 53 times.
- Smith has caught 11 passes on 17 targets for 149 yards and zero touchdowns, averaging 21.3 yards per game in seven contests in 2020.
- Odenigbo has notched a team-leading 2.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 21 tackles over seven games.
- In seven games over the 2020 campaign, Kendricks has totaled 78 tackles and 2.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- Wilson has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 35 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended seven over games.
Lions Players to Watch
- This year, Stafford has racked up 1,916 passing yards (273.7 yards per game) while going 151-for-246 (61.4% completion percentage) and throwing 13 touchdowns and five interceptions in seven games. He has added a 77 rushing yards on 17 carries, averaging 11.0 yards per game.
- Peterson has taken 85 attempts for a team-leading 321 rushing yards (45.9 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns in seven games.
- Swift has 186 yards on 41 carries (26.6 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns over the course of seven games. He also has 23 catches for 174 yards (24.9 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Golladay has been targeted 32 times and has 20 catches to lead the team with 338 yards (67.6 ypg) with two touchdowns in five games this season.
- Amendola has also tacked on 18 catches for 324 yards and zero touchdowns in seven games this year. He has been targeted 31 times and puts up 46.3 receiving yards per game.
- Hockenson has totaled 321 yards on 29 passes with four touchdowns in 2020, averaging 45.9 yards per game on 41 targets in seven contests.
- Romeo Okwara has collected a team-leading 5.0 sacks, while adding 6.0 TFL and 21 tackles over seven games.
- Tracy Walker has racked up 47 tackles and 3.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far in seven games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions and has added 25 tackles and four passes defended seven in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from