The winless Atlanta Falcons are looking for their first win against the Minnesota Vikings (1-4) on Sunday, October 18 at U.S. Bank Stadium. The Falcons are 4.5-point underdogs and the contest has a point total of 54.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
- Vikings games have gone over 55.5 points on two of five occasions this season.
- Atlanta’s games have gone over 55.5 points on three of five occasions.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams is 4.7 fewer than the total for this contest (50.8 points).
- These two teams yield a combined 62.6 points per game– 7.1 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Vikings games average 56.8 total points per game this season– 1.3 points more than this over/under.
- This season, Falcons games have resulted in an average scoring total of 56.6– 1.1 points higher than this point total.
- The Vikings are the 15th-highest scoring team in the league this year. The Falcons have scored the 20th-most points.
- This matchup features the league’s 30th-ranked (Atlanta) and 27th-ranked (Minnesota) scoring defenses.
Vikings Betting Insights
- Minnesota’s games have hit the over in three out of five opportunities this season.
- Minnesota has put together a 3-2 record against the spread this season.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Atlanta’s games have hit the over in three out of five outings this season.
- Atlanta has a losing 1-4 record against the spread.
When the Vikings Have the Ball
- The Vikings average 26.4 points scored this season– 5.8 fewer than the Falcons give up (32.2).
- In games where Minnesota scores at least 26.4 points this season, they are 1-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 0-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 32.2 points.
- The Falcons give up 446 yards per game– 70 yards more than the Vikings average per game (376). On average, the Vikings pick up 6.1 yards per play and the Falcons allow 6.5.
- In contests where the Minnesota hits their season average yard output, they are 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- When Atlanta allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall this season.
- The Falcons allow 110.2 rushing yards per game. The Vikings average 160.6 rushing yards per game.
- When Minnesota rushes for at least 160.6 yards this season, they are 1-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- When Atlanta limits opposing teams to 110.2 rushing yards or fewer, they are 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Vikings have turned the ball over 1.8 times per game this season, while the Falcons have average one takeaway per contest.
- When they turn the football over 1.8 times or fewer this season, Minnesota is 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall this season when they force at least one turnover in a game.
When the Falcons Have the Ball
- The Falcons average six fewer points per game (24.4) than the Vikings allow (30.4).
- When Atlanta scores at least 24.4 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- This season, Minnesota has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 26.4 or fewer points.
- The Falcons average 13.4 fewer yards per game (390.6), than the Vikings allow per outing (404). The Falcons average 5.6 yards per play, while the Vikings allow 6.1 per play.
- Minnesota has a 2-1 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 404 yards or less.
- The Falcons rush for 114.6 yards per game– 18 fewer per game than the 132.6 the Vikings allow per contest.
- When Atlanta rushes for at least 114.6 yards, it compiled a 0-2 ATS record and a 0-2 overall record.
- This season, Minnesota is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when holding opponents to no more than 132.6 rushing yards.
- This year, the Falcons turn the ball over 0.8 times per game, equal to the 0.8 the Vikings force on average.
- Atlanta has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall when it turns the ball over 0.8 times or less.
- When it forces 0.8 or more turnovers, Minnesota has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 1-3 record overall.
Vikings Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins has thrown for 1,132 yards (226.4 yards per game), eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions this year. He has a 64% completion percentage (89-of-139), while adding 55 rushing yards on 11 carries (11 yards per game).
- Dalvin Cook leads the NFL with 489 yards on 92 attempts (97.8 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns in five games.
- In five games, Alexander Mattison has added 219 yards on 44 carries (43.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- In his rookie season, Justin Jefferson has hauled in 19 passes for 371 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 25 times and averages 74.2 yards per game over five outings.
- Adam Thielen has 29 receptions for 364 yards and six touchdowns in five games. He puts up 72.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 44 times.
- Bisi Johnson has caught five passes on nine targets for 93 yards, averaging 23.3 receiving yards across four games.
- Yannick Ngakoue has a team-high four sacks, and has also racked up four TFL and 11 tackles over five games.
- Eric Kendricks has racked up 52 tackles and two TFL so far this year.
- Eric Wilson has two interceptions, 28 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and two passes defended five in games.
Falcons Players to Watch
- This year, Matt Ryan has collected 1,472 passing yards (294.4 yards per game), seven touchdowns, and five interceptions while going 129-for-204 (63.2% completion percentage).
- In his first year with Atlanta, Todd Gurley II has 375 rushing yards (75 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- Brian Hill has added 133 rushing yards on 25 carries (26.6 yards per game), with one touchdown in of five games.
- Calvin Ridley has been targeted 50 times and has 29 catches for 485 yards (97 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Russell Gage has also tacked on 21 catches for 224 yards and a touchdown in five games. He has been targeted 32 times and averages 44.8 receiving yards per game.
- Hayden Hurst has caught 15 passes on 28 targets for 170 yards and two touchdowns in his first year with the Falcons.
- Grady Jarrett has recorded 2.5 sacks, while adding four TFL and 20 tackles over five games.
- Deion Jones has collected 38 tackles, two TFL so far this season.
- This season, Blidi Wreh-Wilson has one interception and has added two passes defended five in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from