A pair of struggling teams hit the court when the Utah Tech Trailblazers (9-10, 1-5 WAC) host the New Mexico State Aggies (7-12, 0-7 WAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The Trailblazers will look to stop a five-game losing streak against the Aggies, losers of seven straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Trailblazers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Aggies ( ).
The betting trends in what follows use the latest odds as of January 21, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET.
Utah Tech vs New Mexico State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Utah Tech Offense Vs. New Mexico State Defense
|Utah Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||New Mexico State Defense|
|74.9 (113)||Points/Gm||70.2 (205)|
|7.9 (270)||Possessions/Game||8.3 (107)|
|45.2 (143)||Field Goal %||43.2 (167)|
|37.1 (45)||3PT %||35.1 (255)|
|52.7 (97)||Effective FG %||51.1 (236)|
|56.6 (89)||True Shooting %||56.7 (237)|
New Mexico State Offense Vs. Utah Tech Defense
|New Mexico State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Utah Tech Defense|
|73.6 (143)||Points/Gm||72.2 (261)|
|8.3 (257)||Possessions/Game||7.9 (91)|
|44.0 (214)||Field Goal %||47.9 (345)|
|34.2 (177)||3PT %||36.3 (305)|
|50.7 (205)||Effective FG %||54.8 (342)|
|52.7 (260)||True Shooting %||63.0 (351)|
Best Betting Sites For Utah Tech vs New Mexico State
Utah Tech Betting Insights
- Utah Tech has compiled a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Trailblazers have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites this season.
- So far this season, eight out of Utah Tech’s 16 games have hit the over.
- The Trailblazers and their opponents have scored more than 145 points in nine of 16 games this season.
- Utah Tech’s contests this year have an average point total of 147.2, 2.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
New Mexico State Betting Insights
- New Mexico State has covered five times in 16 chances against the spread this year.
- The Aggies have covered the spread four times this season (4-4-1 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- A total of six New Mexico State’s games this year have hit the over.
- The Aggies have combined with their opponent to score more than 145 points in seven of 16 games this season.
- New Mexico State’s games this season have had an average of 143.8 points, 1.2 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Utah Tech Key Players
- Cameron Gooden leads the Trailblazers in scoring (15.6 points per game) and assists (3.9 assists per game).
- Utah Tech is led in rebounds by Tanner Christensen’s 7.2 per game.
- The Trailblazers are led by Noa Gonsalves from long distance. He connects on 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- Utah Tech’s steals leader is Gonsalves, who collects 1.4 per game. Christensen leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks a game.
New Mexico State Key Players
- Xavier Pinson’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Aggies scoring and assists leaderboards with 12.9 points per game and 4.5 assists per game.
- Deshawndre Washington’s 7.1 rebounds per game paces New Mexico State’s rebounding effort. He also adds 12.1 points per game.
- Pinson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Aggies, averaging 1.9 treys per game.
- Nobody on New Mexico State grabs more steals than Washington (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Issa Muhammad (0.4 per game).