The UNC Wilmington Seahawks (15-6, 5-3 CAA) visit the Stony Brook Seawolves (7-12, 3-3 CAA) in a matchup of CAA rivals at Island FCU Arena, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Seahawks’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Seawolves ( ).
The insights in the following article reference odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
UNC Wilmington vs Stony Brook Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
UNC Wilmington Offense Vs. Stony Brook Defense
|UNC Wilmington Offense||Stats (Rank)||Stony Brook Defense|
|69.7 (224)||Points/Gm||68.3 (153)|
|11.7 (137)||Possessions/Game||13.9 (291)|
|44.5 (188)||Field Goal %||43.1 (159)|
|33.1 (239)||3PT %||34.5 (225)|
|50.4 (213)||Effective FG %||51.1 (233)|
|54.9 (162)||True Shooting %||58.8 (292)|
Stony Brook Offense Vs. UNC Wilmington Defense
|Stony Brook Offense||Stats (Rank)||UNC Wilmington Defense|
|63.5 (344)||Points/Gm||63.5 (40)|
|13.9 (72)||Possessions/Game||11.7 (227)|
|41.2 (326)||Field Goal %||42.8 (143)|
|32.1 (275)||3PT %||30.3 (48)|
|48.9 (278)||Effective FG %||48.1 (111)|
|53.2 (241)||True Shooting %||55.1 (189)|
Best Betting Sites For UNC Wilmington vs Stony Brook
UNC Wilmington Betting Insights
- UNC Wilmington has covered 12 times in 19 games with a spread this season.
- When playing as at least 6.5-point favorites this season, the Seahawks have an ATS record of 3-3.
- UNC Wilmington’s games have hit the over eight out of 19 times this season.
- The Seahawks and their opponents have gone over 125 combined points in 13 of 19 games this season.
- UNC Wilmington has an average total of 133.1 in its outings this year, 8.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Stony Brook Betting Insights
- Stony Brook has put together a 10-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Seawolves have covered the spread five times this year (5-5 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- A total of five Stony Brook’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Seawolves have played 12 games this season that have gone over 125 combined points scored.
- The average total for Stony Brook’s games this season has been 131.8, 6.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
UNC Wilmington Key Players
- Trazarien White leads the Seahawks in scoring (13.7 points per game) and rebounding (5.9 rebounds per game).
- UNC Wilmington’s assists leader is Jamarii Thomas, who averages 2.2 per game.
- The Seahawks are led by Donovan Newby from beyond the arc. He knocks down 1.2 shots from deep per game.
- Shykeim Phillips leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Amari Kelly collects 1.0 block a game to pace UNC Wilmington.
Stony Brook Key Players
- Tyler Stephenson-Moore owns the Seawolves top spot in scoring with 15.3 points per game and also tacks on 4.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Stony Brook leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Frankie Policelli with 9.7 rebounds per game and Toby Onyekonwu with 2.2 assists per game.
- Kenan Sarvan is tops from three-point range for the Seawolves, knocking down 2.2 treys per game.
- Stony Brook’s Tanahj Pettway has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and Keenan Fitzmorris is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.