The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (14-6, 6-1 Big South) will try to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the South Carolina Upstate Spartans (9-9, 4-3 Big South) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Kimmel Arena. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Spartans ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
UNC Asheville vs South Carolina Upstate Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
UNC Asheville Offense Vs. South Carolina Upstate Defense
|UNC Asheville Offense||Stats (Rank)||South Carolina Upstate Defense|
|74.4 (133)||Points/Gm||70.4 (218)|
|7.7 (291)||Possessions/Game||11.1 (188)|
|47.2 (50)||Field Goal %||42.7 (138)|
|38.2 (23)||3PT %||31.1 (71)|
|54.6 (41)||Effective FG %||48.5 (128)|
|56.8 (74)||True Shooting %||54.0 (152)|
South Carolina Upstate Offense Vs. UNC Asheville Defense
|South Carolina Upstate Offense||Stats (Rank)||UNC Asheville Defense|
|69.5 (229)||Points/Gm||69.7 (198)|
|11.1 (167)||Possessions/Game||7.7 (71)|
|46.6 (69)||Field Goal %||41.9 (96)|
|35.3 (115)||3PT %||28.7 (14)|
|52.3 (113)||Effective FG %||46.8 (54)|
|54.8 (168)||True Shooting %||50.9 (51)|
Best Betting Sites For UNC Asheville vs South Carolina Upstate
UNC Asheville Betting Insights
- UNC Asheville is 10-8-0 ATS this season.
- The Bulldogs have been favored by 7 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- In UNC Asheville’s 18 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total seven times.
- In nine of 18 games this season, the Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over 138.5 points.
- The average point total in UNC Asheville’s contests this year is 144.1, 5.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
South Carolina Upstate Betting Insights
- South Carolina Upstate has won seven games against the spread this year, while failing to cover nine times.
- When playing as at least 7-point underdogs this season, the Spartans have an ATS record of 4-5.
- South Carolina Upstate and its opponents have combined to hit the over six out of 16 times this year.
- The Spartans have combined with their opponents to score more than 138.5 points in eight of 16 games this season.
- South Carolina Upstate’s average game total this season has been 139.9, 1.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
UNC Asheville Key Players
- The Bulldogs points and rebounds leader is Drew Pember. He averages 19.2 points per game and pulls down 9.7 rebounds.
- The squad is led in assists by Caleb Burgess’ 3.7 per game.
- Tajion Jones is the top three-point shooter for the Bulldogs, hitting 3.0 per game.
- UNC Asheville’s steals leader is Trent Stephney, who grabs 1.4 per game. Pember leads the team averaging 2.7 blocks an outing.
South Carolina Upstate Key Players
- The Spartans leader in scoring is Jordan Gainey with 15.9 points per game. He also adds 2.1 rebounds per game and 2.7 assists per game.
- The South Carolina Upstate leaders in rebounds and assists are Ahmir Langlais (4.4 rebounds per game) and Trae Broadnax (3.1 assists per game).
- Gainey leads the Spartans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.1 made threes per game.
- South Carolina Upstate’s Gainey has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Khydarius Smith is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.