The UMBC Retrievers (14-7, 4-2 America East) hit the road in America East play against the NJIT Highlanders (5-14, 2-4 America East) on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Retrievers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Highlanders ( ).
The betting facts in the article below reference odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
UMBC vs NJIT Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
UMBC Offense Vs. NJIT Defense
|UMBC Offense||Stats (Rank)||NJIT Defense|
|77.8 (52)||Points/Gm||71.5 (240)|
|15.4 (126)||Possessions/Game||7.5 (9)|
|46.3 (80)||Field Goal %||45.3 (278)|
|36.3 (69)||3PT %||34.0 (199)|
|53.7 (62)||Effective FG %||51.9 (276)|
|57.0 (68)||True Shooting %||56.0 (222)|
NJIT Offense Vs. UMBC Defense
|NJIT Offense||Stats (Rank)||UMBC Defense|
|67.1 (299)||Points/Gm||73.6 (293)|
|7.5 (355)||Possessions/Game||15.4 (238)|
|42.6 (282)||Field Goal %||45.6 (290)|
|34.1 (186)||3PT %||39.0 (355)|
|48.5 (291)||Effective FG %||53.5 (320)|
|51.7 (292)||True Shooting %||57.3 (259)|
Best Betting Sites For UMBC vs NJIT
UMBC Betting Insights
- UMBC is 11-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Retrievers are 4-4 ATS this season when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- A total of 11 out of UMBC’s 20 games this season have hit the over.
- The Retrievers’ 20 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 146.5 points 13 times.
- UMBC has an average point total of 151.4 in its matchups this year, 4.9 more points than this game’s over/under.
NJIT Betting Insights
- NJIT has put together a 9-8-1 ATS record so far this season.
- When playing as at least 5-point underdogs this year, the Highlanders have an ATS record of 6-5-1.
- NJIT’s games have gone over the point total 12 out of 18 times this season.
- The Highlanders have played five games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 146.5 points.
- NJIT’s outings this season have a 138.6-point average over/under, 7.9 fewer points than this game’s total.
UMBC Key Players
- Colton Lawrence leads the Retrievers in scoring, putting up 13.6 points per game.
- Craig Beaudion leads UMBC with 3.9 assists per game and Yaw Obeng-Mensah paces the squad with 6.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Matteo Picarelli knocks down 2.2 treys per game to lead the Retrievers.
- Beaudion leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Obeng-Mensah collects 0.6 blocks a game to pace UMBC.
NJIT Key Players
- The Highlanders leader in scoring is Miles Coleman with 14.5 points per game. He also adds 4.1 rebounds per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- The NJIT leaders in rebounds and assists are Kevin Osawe (8.2 rebounds per game) and Raheim Sullivan (3.3 assists per game).
- Adam Hess is tops from three-point range for the Highlanders, knocking down 2.0 treys per game.
- Mekhi Gray tops NJIT in steals with 1.5 per game, and Souleymane Diakite leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.