The UMBC Retrievers (13-7, 3-2 America East) hope to build on a three-game home winning streak when they host the New Hampshire Wildcats (8-9, 3-2 America East) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Retrievers’ (to win on the moneyline) game against the Wildcats ( ).
The insights in the following article reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
UMBC vs New Hampshire Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
UMBC Offense Vs. New Hampshire Defense
|UMBC Offense||Stats (Rank)||New Hampshire Defense|
|77.7 (55)||Points/Gm||65.0 (66)|
|13.0 (97)||Possessions/Game||8.5 (105)|
|46.0 (101)||Field Goal %||41.4 (72)|
|35.7 (96)||3PT %||31.4 (83)|
|53.3 (76)||Effective FG %||46.9 (56)|
|56.8 (74)||True Shooting %||51.3 (64)|
New Hampshire Offense Vs. UMBC Defense
|New Hampshire Offense||Stats (Rank)||UMBC Defense|
|67.1 (300)||Points/Gm||73.8 (297)|
|8.5 (260)||Possessions/Game||13.0 (267)|
|40.3 (340)||Field Goal %||45.9 (292)|
|35.3 (115)||3PT %||39.3 (358)|
|47.7 (311)||Effective FG %||53.9 (326)|
|51.2 (311)||True Shooting %||57.8 (265)|
Best Betting Sites For UMBC vs New Hampshire
UMBC Betting Insights
- UMBC is 10-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Retrievers have covered the spread twice when favored by 7 points or more this season (in five opportunities).
- UMBC’s games have gone over the point total 10 out of 19 times this season.
- The Retrievers and their opponents have gone over 141.5 combined points in 13 of 19 games this season.
- UMBC has an average total of 151.5 in its contests this year, 10.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
New Hampshire Betting Insights
- New Hampshire is 7-8-0 ATS this year.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs this year.
- A total of six New Hampshire’s games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Wildcats have played three games this season that have had more than 141.5 combined points scored.
- New Hampshire’s games this season have had an average of 132.1 points, 9.4 fewer points than this game’s point total.
UMBC Key Players
- Colton Lawrence leads the Retrievers in scoring, racking up 13.7 points per game.
- UMBC is led in rebounding by Tra’Von Fagan’s 6.4 rebounds per game and assists by Craig Beaudion’s 3.7 assists per game.
- Matteo Picarelli knocks down 2.2 treys per game to lead the Retrievers.
- UMBC’s steals leader is Beaudion, who collects 1.3 per game. Yaw Obeng-Mensah leads the team averaging 0.6 blocks an outing.
New Hampshire Key Players
- Clarence O. Daniels II holds the top Wildcats spot in two categories: scoring (15.2 points per game) and rebounding (10.3 rebounds per game).
- Kyree Brown holds the title of New Hampshire assist leader, dishing out 3.9 assists per game this season.
- Matthew Herasme is tops from three-point range for the Wildcats, hitting 1.6 treys per game.
- Daniels II is tops on New Hampshire in both steals (1.5) and blocks (0.5) per game.