Two sliding teams meet when the UMBC Retrievers (6-10, 1-4 America East) visit the Maine Black Bears (3-12, 0-4 America East) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The Retrievers will look to stop a three-game losing streak against the Black Bears, who have lost six straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Retrievers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Black Bears ( ).
The betting facts in the following article reflect odds as of January 22, 2022 at 7:59 AM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
UMBC vs Maine Betting Odds
UMBC Offense Vs. Maine Defense
|UMBC Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maine Defense|
|71.7 (182)||Points/Gm||68.3 (166)|
|69.6 (148)||Possessions/Game||68.1 (108)|
|42.2 (273)||Field Goal %||45.5 (311)|
|33.8 (179)||3PT %||34.4 (257)|
|49.6 (229)||Effective FG %||51.6 (286)|
|53.9 (180)||True Shooting %||54.1 (282)|
Maine Offense Vs. UMBC Defense
|Maine Offense||Stats (Rank)||UMBC Defense|
|60.6 (347)||Points/Gm||71.6 (257)|
|65.9 (302)||Possessions/Game||69.1 (154)|
|40.1 (333)||Field Goal %||44.6 (270)|
|26 (355)||3PT %||31.9 (122)|
|44.8 (341)||Effective FG %||50.4 (245)|
|48.1 (330)||True Shooting %||52.4 (195)|
UMBC Betting Insights
- UMBC has covered 10 times in 15 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Retrievers have been favored by 6.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- UMBC’s games have hit the over seven out of 15 times this season.
- In nine games this season, UMBC and its opponents have scored more than 134.5 total points.
- Retrievers matchups this year have an average point total of 143.8, 9.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
Maine Betting Insights
- Maine has won 11 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover once.
- The Black Bears have been an underdog by 6.5 points or more nine times this season, and covered the spread in nine of those contests.
- In Maine’s 12 chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total seven times.
- Maine has played six games this season that have had more than 134.5 combined points scored.
- The Black Bears have had an average of 127 points scored in their games so far this season, 7.5 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
UMBC Key Players
- Keondre Kennedy leads the Retrievers scoring 13.2 points per game.
- UMBC is led in rebounding by Yaw Obeng-Mensah’s 5.2 rebounds per game and assists by Darnell Rogers’ 3.1 assists per game.
- The Retrievers are led by L.J. Owens from long distance. He knocks down 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- UMBC’s steals leader is Rogers, who grabs 0.9 per game. Szymon Wojcik leads the team averaging 0.6 blocks an outing.
Maine Key Players
- Vukasin Masic is number one on the Black Bears leaderboard in both rebounds (4.2 per game) and assists (3.3 per game).
- Lechaun Duhart holds the title of Maine’s top scorer by putting up 8.8 points per game.
- Duhart makes more threes per game than any other member of the Black Bears, cashing in 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on Maine grabs more steals than Sam Ihekwoaba (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Chris Efretuei (0.4 per game).