The two NFL conference championship games are on Sunday. What will you do Saturday? Bet UFC 257, featuring the return of Conor McGregor – the sport’s financial icon.
Below we’ll look at different betting angles in which you can approach UFC 257, including the main event between McGregor and Poirier. We’ll also look at some of the top sportsbook promos for the event, such as DraftKings Sportsbook’s awesome offer for new users:
New users at DraftKings Sportsbook will be able to bet $1 to win $257 if McGregor wins by KO in the first round. To sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and take advantage of this awesome offer, go here.
UFC 257 odds
Here are UFC 257 odds from DraftKings Sportsbook, including the big main event between McGregor and Poirier.
- Conor McGregor -335 versus Dustin Poirier +275
- Dan Hooker -152 versus Michael Chandler +125
- Joanne Calderwood -125 versus Jessica Eye +105
- Amanda Ribas -335 versus Marina Rodriguez +250
- Brad Tavares -112 versus Carlos Antonio Junior -112
- Sara McMann -130 versus Julianna Pena +105
- Arman Tsarukyan -670 versus Matt Frevola +450
- Khalil Rountree -335 versus Marcin Prachnio +250
- Makhmud Muradov -162 versus Andrew Sanchez +130
- Movsar Evloev -560 versus Nik Lenz +390
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov -118 versus Amir Albazi -106
Ways to bet on UFC 257
A look at the various ways to wager on UFC 257:
A different approach
Is the McGregor price too expensive for you? Approach it from a different angle.
“We opened at -230 and the public started betting McGregor,” Johnny Avello, the director of race and sportsbook operations for DraftKings, told TheLines. “It went up to +305 and the price was laying there for awhile. There is going to be a push for Poirier at some point, but you can also look at the props. The winning rounds, etc. are popular and the gamblers will take a good look at that.”
At William Hill Sportsbook app, McGregor has attracted 59% of the total number of tickets and 87% of the total dollars wagered among all moneyline bets in his fight against Poirier. That is highlighted by one Nevada bettor who placed $10,000 on McGregor -275 for a total potential payout of $13,635.40 – the largest wager at William Hill thus far on the UFC 257 main event.
Narrow the focus
McGregor is a knockout machine with 19 in his 22 victories. He scored a one-round victory over Poirier in 2014 and there is a considerable payout if he can do it again. The actual KO/TKO method of victory doesn’t pay that well, -200 for a McGregor KO/TKO at DraftKings. Some bettors will still wager heavy action at what amounts to laying 9-5, but there’s a bigger reward for guessing the finishing round.
FanDuel Sportsbook returns +175 for McGregor to repeat the 2014 performance, in which he essentially stopped Poirier with one punch. Five seconds after the shot landed, the fight was called.
McGregor pays +410 in Round 2, +1100 in Round 3, +2000 in Round 4 and +3600 in Round 5 at FD. These are good numbers. It’s not a bad idea to hedge this philosophy either. Take two separate finishing rounds, usually strung together, like 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. You are doubling the chance for victory and accepting a smaller payout. But the payout is strong, especially from the second round on.
The undercard is highly bettable
Bet the moneyline with confidence. Square odds. No built-in edge, just a fair return for a highly competitive fight.
In the co-main, Hooker has won most of his fights inside the distance. He secures half his wins by knockout and 35% by submission. But after eight consecutive fights ended inside the distance, his last three have gone the distance. Hooker comes off a decision loss to Poirier in June.
He faces Chandler, who makes his UFC debut at 34 years of age.
Despite coming over from Bellator and being unproven in the UFC, Chandler is a live dog. His Bellator career includes two epic battles with Eddie Alvarez, which he split. Alvarez has a 2017 win over Justin Gaethje, further establishing his credentials.
The odds against a UFC newcomer would often be much higher.
Women’s bout presents an angle
Since the UFC return in May, most of the women’s fights have been going the distance. The Eye versus Calderwood odds at DraftKings Sportsbook reflect that. The fight to end in a decision is -335.
But who wins? If you believe it goes all the way, both fighters are a better value to win by decision than on the moneyline. Calderwood switches to +130 and Eye +150 at DraftKings.
Think anything crazy can happen? Isolate a round and make two small bets on the KO/TKO and the submission. All the fight has to do is end in the round you select and the payout ranges from +900 to +2000 at DraftKings. You can carry this philosophy into any fight because every now and then a fight that looks post-marked for a decision ends early.
Play the promos
McGregor has been lowered to +100 with a $25 max bet for regulars at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Newcomers also have a fun and crazy promo. Sign up, go to the promos page, then the landing page and pick your event by clicking Boost This Game/Fight next to the event of your choice. You will be issued a single-use odds boost. The boost is +10000 (100-1) odds for an NFL team to win that game or +25700 (257-1) for McGregor to win by first-round KO.
- Make sure you have your qualifying deposit first and are logged in when you choose your bet. Apply the boost to the team/fighter in the matchup by adding that team/fighter’s moneyline to your bet slip and applying the boost. Your FIRST bet is the qualifying bet.
- This excludes live bets, parlays, cash out bets, free bets and voided bets.
FanDuel Sportsbook often comes up with some promos close to fight time, so give that a look. The site also has UFC Parlay Insurance. If one exactly one leg of your parlay (5 or more bets) loses, you gain $25 in site credit.
PointsBet has an Insurance Policy if McGregor fails to win by KO/TKO. It will issue up to $50 on a free bet if McGregor wins by any other method. If he loses, so does this bet.