TWINSPIRES SPORTSBOOK OFFER CODE & REVIEW
Updated September 2022
RISK FREE FIRST BET WORTH UP TO $1,000!
TwinSpires has shut down all of its online sportsbooks and online casinos. TwinSpires will continue to have an online presence when it comes to horse racing. Despite TwinSpires no longer being an online sports betting option, you still have these great sportsbooks to open an account with.
TwinSpires Sports is owned by Churchill Downs, and you can bet with the online sportsbook if you’re in Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Arizona or New Jersey. It is also planning to launch in other states in the coming months. And if you sign up as a new player, you’ll receive a risk-free bet for up to $1,000.
This page will cover exactly how that welcome bonus works and how to get signed up. We’ll also go over the bets that TwinSpires accepts, your banking options on the site and how the odds compare to other top sportsbooks.
TwinSpires Sports welcome bonus
To claim the TwinSpires welcome bonus, create an account and bypass the TwinSpires promo code section when registering. Then all you need to do is place a real money wager of your choice. You’ll receive a refund as a free bet if that first wager loses.
TwinSpires Sports offer code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||TwinSpires Sports|
|TwinSpires Offer Code||None required|
|TwinSpires Risk Free First Bet||Up to $1,000|
|TwinSpires Legal States||Closed|
|Last Verified||December 2022|
How the bonus works
The main points of the TwinSpires bonus are as follows:
- When you sign up for an account you do not need to enter a TwinSpires Sportsbook bonus code.
- Make a deposit and place your first real money wager. The bet must settle within seven days of registering your account.
- If the bet loses, you’ll receive a free bet equal to the size of the losing wager, up to a maximum of $1,000. If the bet wins, you get your winnings and the offer goes away.
What bets are eligible for the risk-free offer?
Pretty much all of them. The only wagers that do not qualify are profit boosts and odds boosts. Additionally, if you cash out early, that will count as your bet settling as a win, and the bonus will disappear.
How do free bets work at TwinSpires?
The free bet credit will appear in your TwinSpires account within 72 hours, but it usually shows up much quicker. You have only one week (seven days) to use it before it expires.
The most significant thing to understand about free bets at TwinSpires, and most sportsbooks, is that their value does not transfer over if the bet you use them on wins. Here’s why that makes a difference:
- If you end up with a $100 free bet and use it to place a wager with odds of -200, you’ll only walk away with $50 if your bet wins. To break even, you’d have to win a bet with +100 odds.
Is the TwinSpires bonus good?
All things considered, the TwinSpires bonus is a solid offer. Most online sportsbooks with similar offers also pay the refund in free bets. So, as long as you understand how everything works and are not expecting to receive cash back, you should be good to go.
TwinSpires Sports loyalty rewards
TwinSpires does not have a rewards program for its sportsbook at this time.
Redeem rewards at retail locations
Since TwinSpires doesn’t have a loyalty club, you are not able to redeem rewards at retail locations. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t bet in person at TwinSpires retail sportsbooks. Here’s a look at where brick-and-mortar TwinSpires sportsbooks are located:
- Colorado: Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek.
- Indiana: Rising Star Casino Resort in Rising Sun.
- Michigan: Island Resort & Casino in Harris.
- Mississippi: Harlow’s Casino Resort & Spa in Greenville (retail only).
- Mississippi: Riverwalk Casino & Hotel in Vicksburg (retail only).
- Pennsylvania: Presque Isle Downs & Casino in Erie.
- Arizona: Mazatzal Hotel & Casino in Payson, AZ.
Is TwinSpires Sports legal and safe?
Yes, TwinSpires is a legal and safe online sports betting option that you can use in any of the states (PA, IN, MI, CO, TN, AZ, NJ) where TwinSpires is licensed and operational.
You do need to abide by each state’s laws when wagering in those states, meaning you’ll need to be at least 21 years old in each state. It also means you’ll need to be within the borders of the state when using the TwinSpires app or website. TwinSpires uses geolocation to check this. As long as you’re in a state where TwinSpires is legal, you can bet. Otherwise, you cannot.
Betting on college sports with TwinSpires
Currently, the five states where TwinSpires is legal all allow betting on in-state college and university teams. The laws vary when it comes to the types of live bets and prop bets that you’ll find for NCAA events, though.
When TwinSpires launches in New Jersey, however, you won’t be able to bet on college teams from that state or college games taking place there.
TwinSpires Sports betting app review
The TwinSpires sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android mobile devices. To download it, head to the bottom of the TwinSpires website and find the buttons to download the apps from the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android).
Here is how the app performs across the board in a number of categories:
- Speed: The overall speed of TwinSpires is not terrible, but it’s noticeably slower than some of its top competitors like DraftKings, BetMGM, PointsBet and FanDuel. The most perceptible lag times exist when you log in. At times we’ve even had it freeze when verifying our location. Other than that, the speed is fine.
- Overall performance: There are no major complaints when it comes to the performance of TwinSpires’ app. Navigation is pretty simple, but there is one thing that we found more challenging than expected — locating the promotion page. Most books prominently link to their promos page, but at TwinSpires you must click the logo in the upper left corner, then scroll all the way down to find the promotions header.
- Available sports: TwinSpires has pretty much all the bases covered when it comes to what you can bet on. There are no major pro or college leagues missing, and of course you can bet on sports in both the US and abroad. Just keep in mind that each state sets its own rules for what you can and can’t wager on. For that reason, some options might not exist depending on which state you’re using TwinSpires in.
- Live betting: On the bottom of the screen, second from the left, is a button labeled “Live.” Clicking it will show you all the live games you can bet on at that time at TwinSpires. Selecting individual games will show you all your betting choices and even bring up a video animation of the game and stats from it, as well.
- Bet slip: The bet slip works well as it always displays your odds, stake and potential payout (which includes your stake). You also will see a green “Cash Out” box if the bet is eligible to cash out early. When you add multiple bets, you’ll have the chance to easily place either straight, combination (parlay) or system (round robin) bets.
- General layout: TwinSpires’ app layout is perfectly fine and easy to get the hang of after just a few minutes. Links along the top and bottom of the page allow for navigation. Our one complaint is that the links to the promotions page are difficult to find. You have to click TwinSpires (top left) and scroll all the way down.
- Cashier: Clicking the green “+” at the top of the page opens the TwinSpires cashier. Once you’ve done that, you’ll see all your depositing options. You can even set responsible gambling limits from the bottom of the page. To make a withdrawal, you’ll click on your login name (top right), choose “Withdraw” and see all your options.
TwinSpires Sports browser review
There is hardly any difference between the TwinSpires app and website. Basically the only changes concern screen sizes from smartphones to tablets and then computer monitors. You should experience little to no trouble switching from one app to the other or from the app to the website.
TwinSpires Sports overall user experience
We find the overall experience — from signing up, to betting and then cashing out with TwinSpires — to be a good one. We do wish it was a bit faster, but the small amount of lag was not a major detriment.
Another great feature at TwinSpires is the risk-free first bet for new users. We also enjoy the parlay booster that increases the winnings from 5% to 50% on up to seven parlays a week.
TwinSpires Sports: creating a new account
Registering with TwinSpires is easy and should take only a couple of minutes. To start, head to the TwinSpires site and click on the state where you want to create your account. The TwinSpires sign-up form will appear, and you’ll need to enter these details:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
In addition, you must select and answer two security questions and create a username and password. The final steps are confirming you are at least 21, that everything you entered is true and that you’re not prohibited from betting with TwinSpires. Click “Join” and you’re done.
How does TwinSpires Sports benefit casual bettors?
The biggest reason casual or new sports bettors may like TwinSpires is because of how easy it is to bet and the promotional offers you’ll find. While the TwinSpires bet slip shows exactly how much you’re wagering and what you can win, TwinSpires also has a betting guide to help explain different wagering selections.
As for the promotions, TwinSpires starts you off with a risk-free bet and then has promotions such as its parlay profit boost that make it easier for you to stay in the black.
How does TwinSpires Sports benefit experienced bettors?
We think accomplished sports bettors will like TwinSpires because of the vast amount of betting options. Currently you can place single-game parlays on soccer and hockey games at TwinSpires, and we’re hopeful that NFL, NBA and MLB games will be available soon, as well. Of course you can place regular parlays as well, along with system bets, more commonly known as round robins.
TwinSpires Sports betting options
At TwinSpires you can place moneyline, spread and total bets for almost all games. There also are a variety of prop bets and future bets available, along with parlays and round robins. And with live betting you’ll get the chance to bet on games while they happen.
As for the leagues you can bet on at TwinSpires, you’ll find the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, UFC, NASCAR, PGA Tour, WNBA, MLS and of course college football and college basketball. Internationally, TwinSpires lets you bet on the Olympics, World Cup and a plethora of soccer, basketball and hockey leagues.
What’s not available at TwinSpires Sports
The most notable absence from TwinSpires Sportsbook is the inability to place single-game parlays on NFL, MLB and NBA contests. TwinSpires does allow these bets for soccer and hockey, though, so we’re optimistic that the other sports will be available soon.
And while you can’t create teasers at TwinSpires, you can select alternate lines for games and build parlays with those spreads, which is pretty much the same thing.
TwinSpires Sports odds boost
TwinSpires calls its odds boosts Super Odds, and you’ll find them by clicking on the header of the same name. We like that TwinSpires tells you what the previous odds were so that you can decide whether the boost is good enough to warrant wagering on it.
Bets are capped at $50 for Super Odds, and you cannot use them to build any type of multi-bet. Super Odds bets also are not eligible for the risk-free first bet offer.
TwinSpires Sports pricing
When compared with top sportsbooks FanDuel, PointsBet, BetMGM and DraftKings, TwinSpires performed very well in terms of sportsbook odds. TwinSpires was right in line with the other four oddsmakers when it came to moneylines, spreads and over/unders. However, when it came to prop bets, such as player home run wagers, TwinSpires consistently had the best odds of the five.
How to deposit and cash out
TwinSpires has a solid set of choices for depositing and withdrawing funds.
You can use a credit card (Visa), PayPal, online bank transfer, e-check, TwinSpires prepaid Play+ card, PayNearMe, Skrill or a physical check to fund your account. When it is time to withdraw, you have the option of using PayPal, online bank transfer, e-check, Play+ card or a physical check.
How to contact customer support
In our experience, the best option for contacting TwinSpires customer support is by using the live chat. It’s accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Additionally, you can call 877-774-7371 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 a.m. Eastern or email [email protected]. There also is an FAQ page you can use to search for an answer to your problem.
History of TwinSpires Sports
TwinSpires is owned by Churchill Downs, home to the Kentucky Derby. The TwinSpires online sportsbook product is a rebrand from BetAmerica. In addition to changing the name, Churchill Downs also switched to a different, newer technology platform.
In addition to online sports betting, TwinSpires also offers betting on horse racing and through its online casino, where legal. You will need to have separate accounts for betting on sports and wagering on horse racing.