The Navy Midshipmen (1-6, 1-4 AAC) will look to end their three-game losing streak when they face the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-4, 2-1 AAC). The Midshipmen,on the moneyline to win, visit the Golden Hurricane, listed at on the spread, on October 29, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN2. A total of points has been set for the game by oddsmakers.
In this article we break down what you need before making a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 29, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Tulsa Vs. Navy Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Tulsa Offense Vs. Navy Defense
|Golden Hurricane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Midshipmen Defense|
|25.4 (89)||Points/Gm||31.9 (107)|
|462.3 (19)||Yards/Gm||355.6 (55)|
|273.4 (26)||Pass Yards/Gm||223.1 (65)|
|188.9 (39)||Rush Yards/Gm||132.4 (47)|
|8.2 (38)||Yards/Pass||8.5 (115)|
|4.8 (38)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (57)|
|36.0% (96)||3rd Down %||40.3% (82)|
|11 (105)||Turnovers||8 (45)|
|8 (68)||Sacks||4 (107)|
Navy Offense Vs. Tulsa Defense
|Navy Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulsa Defense|
|17.9 (122)||Points/Gm||32.4 (109)|
|279.6 (124)||Yards/Gm||409.4 (96)|
|67.4 (130)||Pass Yards/Gm||267.0 (114)|
|212.1 (20)||Rush Yards/Gm||142.4 (58)|
|6.9 (97)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (94)|
|3.5 (99)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (46)|
|33.3% (113)||3rd Down %||43.9% (105)|
|3 (5)||Turnovers||9 (28)|
|14 (114)||Sacks||12 (18)|
When Tulsa Has The Ball
- The Golden Hurricane rank 38th in the FBS at 8.2 yards per pass attempt. The Midshipmen allow 8.5 yards per passing play (115th in college football).
- Tulsa ranks 105th in college football, committing 11 turnovers this season, while Navy is 45th with eight turnovers forced.
- The Golden Hurricane are No. 68 ranked in college football in sacks conceded (eight), playing the pass rush ranked 107th, the Midshipmen (four).
- Tulsa averages 273.4 passing yards per game (26th in the FBS) compared to the 223.1 per game Navy allows (65th in college football).
When Navy Has The Ball
- The Midshipmen’s pass protection has resulted in 14 sacks allowed, 14th-most in college football. The Golden Hurricane’s defense has racked up 12 (18th-most).
- Navy averages 3.5 yards per carry (99th in college football) compared to the 3.8 per rushing attempt Tulsa gives up (46th in the FBS).
- The Midshipmen’s rushing game ranks 20th in the FBS (212.1 yards per game), while the Golden Hurricane allow 142.4 per game (58th-ranked run defense).
- Navy is 124th in college football, racking up 279.6 yards per game, while Tulsa ranks 96th in yards allowed (409.4).
Tulsa Betting Trends And Insights
- Tulsa has covered three times in six games with a spread this season.
- The Golden Hurricane have been favored by 11 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- So far this season, five out of Tulsa’s six games have gone over the point total.
- Tulsa’s six games this season have all gone over this contest’s total of 46 points.
- The Golden Hurricane have won 75% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (3-1).
Navy Betting Trends And Insights
- Navy has covered four times in seven games with a spread this year.
- When playing as at least 11-point underdogs this season, the Midshipmen have an ATS record of 4-1.
- In Navy’s seven chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Navy has played six games this season that have had more than 46 combined points scored.
- The Midshipmen have entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won once.
Tulsa Players To Watch
- Davis Brin leads the team with 1,914 passing yards (273.4 yards per game) and has a 57.9% completion percentage this year (135-of-233) while throwing 10 touchdowns with 10 interceptions.
- Shamari Brooks has churned out a team-best 569 rushing yards (81.3 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Deneric Prince has rushed for 399 yards on 66 carries (79.8 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Josh Johnson has 42 catches and leads the team with 555 yards (79.3 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Sam Crawford Jr. has added 436 yards (on 23 catches) and four touchdowns.
- This season JuanCarlos Santana is averaging 47.3 yards per game, with 23 catches for 331 yards and one touchdown.
Navy Players To Watch
- Tai Lavatai has thrown for 273 yards while completing 58.3% of his passes (21-of-36), with two touchdowns and two interceptions this year (54.6 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 99 times for 192 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 38.4 yards per game.
- Isaac Ruoss has churned out a team-best 388 rushing yards (55.4 per game) and two touchdowns.
- So far this year James Harris II has run for 273 yards on 67 carries (39.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Mychal Cooper has eight receptions for a team-high 160 receiving yards (32.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Chance Warren has chipped in with 110 yards (on six catches).
- Kai Puailoa Rojas is averaging 16.8 yards per game, racking up three receptions for 84 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from