The Minnesota Timberwolves (2-5) will attempt to end a five-game losing streak when they visit the Portland Trail Blazers (3-4) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Moda Center as big, underdogs. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 7, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 7
Rodney Hood: Day To Day (Left Quad),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Left wrist),
Josh Okogie: Out (Hamstring)
Trail Blazers and Timberwolves Records ATS
- With a mark of 2-5, Portland has a losing record against the spread this season.
- Only 3 of 7 Portland games this season (42.9%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota has more often than not come up short ATS this season, with a 3-4 record.
- Minnesota and its opponents have regularly not covered the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 42.9% (3) of their seven games played.
Head to Head
The Timberwolves defeated the Trail Blazers 116-102 in the last meeting between the teams on Thursday. Andrew Wiggins scored 23 points to lead the Timberwolves, and Damian Lillard scored 20 points for the Trail Blazers. The Timberwolves covered the spread as 1-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 224-point over/under after combining to score 218.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2020||Trail Blazers||Timberwolves||-1||224||-113||-107||Regular Season||116-102 MIN*|
|12/21/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-6.5||228||-282||228||Regular Season||113-106 POR*|
|4/1/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-122 POR|
|12/8/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-105 POR|
|11/16/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-96 MIN|
|11/4/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-81 POR|
|3/1/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-99 POR|
|1/24/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 POR|
|1/14/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-103 MIN|
|12/18/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-107 MIN|
- 1/9/2020 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic; Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
- 12/21/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic, Carmelo Anthony; Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
- In Portland’s matchups this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have eclipsed Thursday’s over/under of 231.5 points 40 times (571.4% of opportunities).
- In Minnesota’s games this season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Thursday’s matchup total in three out of seven matchups (42.9%).
- The Trail Blazers have seen a 232.6 average over/under in their games this season, 1.1 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.9 points more than the average over/under in Timberwolves’ games this season (227.6 points).
- The Trail Blazers’ average implied point total this season is 2.9 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (118.1 implied points on average compared to 121 implied points in this game).
- Portland has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (121) 28 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Timberwolves (117.6) is 6.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (111).
- Minnesota has scored more than 111 points three times this season.
- The Trail Blazers are the league’s 10th-highest scoring team (114.4 PPG), while the Timberwolves allow the 28th-fewest points per game (120) in NBA play.
- The Trail Blazers have been out-scored by 26 points this season (3.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Timberwolves have out-scored them by 87 more points on the year (12.4 per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- CJ McCollum leads the Trail Blazers scoring 27.7 points per game.
- McCollum’s points prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 5.2 points less than his season average of 27.7.
- Lillard leads Portland with 6.6 assists per game and Enes Kanter paces the team with 9.3 rebounds per matchup.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 18.5, 2.2 less than his season average of 20.7.
- The Trail Blazers are led by McCollum from beyond the arc. He makes 4.9 shots from deep per game.
- McCollum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 1.4 shots less than his season average of 4.9.
- McCollum leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Jusuf Nurkic collects 0.9 blocks a game to pace Portland.
- McCollum’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.4 steals lower than his season average of 1.9.
- The Timberwolves go-to guy, D’Angelo Russell, leads the team in both scoring (19.1 points per game) and assists (5.4 assists per game).
- Russell’s assists prop total for the game is set at 6.5 assists, 1.1 assists greater than his season average of 5.4.
- When it comes to rebounds, Jarrett Culver is the Minnesota leader with 6.3 per game.
- Culver’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 17.5, 2.2 greater than his season average of 15.3.
- Russell is tops from three-point range for the Timberwolves, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Minnesota’s Jarred Vanderbilt has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and Naz Reid is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.
- Reid’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from