The Portland Trail Blazers (4-4) visit the Sacramento Kings (4-5) as 5-point favorites after Damian Lillard racked up 39 points in the Trail Blazers’ 135-117 victory over the Timberwolves. The matchup airs on NBCS-NW at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Kings Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Kings Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
DaQuan Jeffries: Out (Left ankle),
De’Aaron Fox: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Jabari Parker: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Trail Blazers and Kings Records ATS
- Portland has managed to cover the spread in less than half its games this season, playing to a record of 3-5 against the spread.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Trail Blazers are 1-2 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Portland and its opponents have gone over the set over/under in 4 of 8 games this season (50%).
- Sacramento holds a losing record ATS this season with four wins and five losses ATS.
- The Kings only hold a 0-1 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 5-point underdog.
- Six of Sacramento’s nine games (66.7%) this season have covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Bogdan Bogdanovic scored a team-high 27 points to lead the Kings over CJ McCollum (19 points) and the Trail Blazers 123-111 in their most recent matchup on Saturday. The Trail Blazers were favored by 2.5 points in the game, but the Kings covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 234 total points to go over the 230.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-2.5||230.5||-134||112||Regular Season||123-111 SAC*|
|12/4/2019||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-5||216.5||-219||178||Regular Season||127-116 POR*|
|11/12/2019||Trail Blazers||Kings||-1.5||222.5||-121||101||Regular Season||107-99 SAC*|
|10/25/2019||Trail Blazers||Kings||-1.5||227.5||-121||100||Regular Season||122-112 POR*|
|4/10/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||136-131 POR|
|1/14/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-107 SAC|
|1/1/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-108 POR|
|2/27/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-99 POR|
|2/9/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-100 POR|
|11/18/2017||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-90 POR|
- 3/7/2020 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic;
Kings: Marvin Bagley III
- 12/4/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic;
Kings: De’Aaron Fox, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Marvin Bagley III
- 11/12/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic;
Kings: De’Aaron Fox, Marvin Bagley III
- 10/25/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic;
Kings: Marvin Bagley III
- The Trail Blazers are the league’s fourth-highest scoring team (117 PPG), while the Kings allow the 28th-fewest points per game (120.6) in NBA play.
- The Trail Blazers have a -8-point scoring differential on the season (-1 per game). The Kings have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-60 total points, -6.7 per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in scoring (27.6 points per game) and assisting (6.6 assists per game).
- Lillard’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 38.5, 0.5 less than his season average of 39.0.
- Enes Kanter paces Portland with 9.0 rebounds per game.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 19.5, 0.9 lower than his season average of 20.4.
- McCollum is the top three-point shooter for the Trail Blazers, connecting on 4.8 per game.
- McCollum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.3 shots lower than his season average of 4.8.
- Portland’s steals leader is McCollum, who grabs 1.6 per game. Jusuf Nurkic leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a game.
- McCollum’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Kings go-to guy, De’Aaron Fox, leads the team in both scoring (18.9 points per game) and assists (5.3 assists per game).
- Fox’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 1.6 points higher than his season average of 18.9.
- Marvin Bagley III collects all of the boards and is the Sacramento leader in rebounds, pulling down 8.0 per game.
- Bagley’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 7.5 rebounds, 0.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.0.
- Buddy Hield is tops from three-point range for the Kings, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- Hield’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Sacramento’s Fox has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Hassan Whiteside is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Fox’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
The model line is much more favorable to the Kings compared to the FanDuel line, a 7.2 point difference, and has them favored to win Saturday’s game outright. Put your money on the Kings.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from