The Memphis Grizzlies (7-6) will look to build on a five-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the Portland Trail Blazers (8-6) on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Moda Center. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The Blazers are against the spread with the point total set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 19, 2021, 4:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 19
CJ Elleby: Day To Day (Foot),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
CJ McCollum: Out (Left foot),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Jonas Valanciunas: Day To Day (Health protocols)
Trail Blazers and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Portland is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 6-8
- The Trail Blazers have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 1.5 points, going 3-4 this season.
- Portland and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of 14 games this season (100%).
- Memphis has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 6-5.
- For the second time this season, the Grizzlies are at least a 1.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 0-1 against the spread.
- 13 of Memphis’ 13 games (100%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Trail Blazers knocked off the Grizzlies 126-122. Damian Lillard led the Trail Blazers with 31 points, and Ja Morant paced the Grizzlies with 35. The Grizzlies covered the spread as 6-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 248 total points to hit the over on the 229-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/15/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-6||229||-274||221||Playoffs||126-122 POR*|
|7/31/2020||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-3||224||-160||135||Regular Season||140-135 POR|
|2/12/2020||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-3.5||235||-168||140||Regular Season||111-104 MEM*|
|4/3/2019||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-89 POR|
|3/5/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-111 MEM|
|12/19/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-92 POR|
|12/12/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||92-83 MEM|
|4/1/2018||–||Trail Blazers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-98 POR|
|3/28/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-103 MEM|
|11/20/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 POR|
- 8/15/2020 DNP –
Grizzlies: Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 2/12/2020 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic
- In Portland’s matchups this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have exceeded Wednesday’s point total of 222 points 54 times (385.7% of opportunities).
- Six Memphis games this year (46.2% of its matchups) ended with a final point total greater than Wednesday’s total of 222 points.
- This season, the average total for Trail Blazers games is 230.7 points, 8.7 more than the over/under of 222 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.1 points separates this game’s over/under (222 points) and the average total points bet in Grizzlies’ games (213.9 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Trail Blazers this season is 29.7 points, 82.3 fewer points than their implied total of 112 points in Wednesday’s game.
- This season, Portland has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (112) 49 times.
- The 28.3-point average implied total on the season for the Grizzlies is 81.7 fewer points than the team’s 110-point implied total in this matchup.
- Memphis has scored more than this game’s implied total of 110 points five times this season.
- The Trail Blazers are at the seventh spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (114.9 PPG), while the Grizzlies allow the seventh-fewest points per game (107.3) in the league.
- The Trail Blazers have been out-scored by 14 points this season (one point per game on average), and opponents of the Grizzlies have out-scored them by only nine more points on the year (0.7 per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in scoring (28.1 points per game) and assisting (6.7 assists per game).
- Lillard’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 42.5, 2.9 higher than his season average of 39.6.
- Portland’s rebounding leader is Enes Kanter, who grabs 9.3 per game.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 9.5, 10.9 lower than his season average of 20.4.
- CJ McCollum is the top three-point shooter for the Trail Blazers, connecting on 4.8 per game.
- McCollum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 2.3 shots less than his season average of 4.8.
- Portland’s steals leader is Robert Covington, who collects 1.5 per game. Derrick Jones Jr. leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks a game.
- Jones’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
- Morant’s excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Grizzlies scoring and assists leaderboards with 22.6 points per game and 7.0 assists per game.
- Morant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 3.1 points lower than his season average of 22.6.
- When it comes to rebounds, Jonas Valanciunas is the Memphis leader with 10.4 per game.
- Valanciunas’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 1.9 greater than his season average of 26.6.
- Dillon Brooks leads the Grizzlies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.9 made threes per game.
- Brooks’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots higher than his season average of 1.9.
- Nobody on Memphis grabs more steals than Tyus Jones (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Valanciunas (1.1 per game).
- Tyus Jones’ steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from