The Portland Trail Blazers (22-16) host the New Orleans Pelicans (17-22) as favorites after Damian Lillard scored 38 points in the Trail Blazers’ 114-112 loss to the Timberwolves. The game airs on TNT at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 16. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of March 16, 2021, 11:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 16
Harry Giles III: Day To Day (Calf),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Trail Blazers and Pelicans Records ATS
- Portland has a 19-19 ATS record this season.
- The Trail Blazers are 9-11 against the spread this season when they are at least a 1.5-point favorite.
- Portland and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 55.3% of its games this season (21/38).
- New Orleans has a 17-21-1 record against the spread this season.
- For the 21st time this season, the Pelicans are at least a 1.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 6-13-1 against the spread.
- New Orleans and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 69.2% (27) of its 39 games played.
Head to Head
Lillard scored a team-high 43 points to help lead the Trail Blazers over Zion Williamson (36 points) and the Pelicans 126-124 in their last matchup on February 17, 2021. The Pelicans were favored by 4 points in the game, but the Trail Blazers covered the spread in the loss. The teams put up a total of 250 total points to go over the 237-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2021||Pelicans||Pelicans||-4||237||-168||139||Regular Season||126-124 POR|
- Portland’s games this season have gone over the point total for Tuesday’s matchup total (238 points) in 36.8% of opportunities (14 out of 38 matchups).
- In New Orleans’ games this season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Tuesday’s matchup total in 15 out of 40 matchups (37.5%).
- This season the average total for Trail Blazers games is 230.2 points, 7.8 fewer than the over/under of 238 points for this contest.
- Pelicans’ games have an over/under of 230.7 points this season, 7.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Trail Blazers’ average implied point total this season is 2.2 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (117.8 implied points on average compared to 120 implied points in this game).
- This season, Portland has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (120) 17 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pelicans (115.6) is 2.4 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (118).
- New Orleans has scored more than 118 points in 17 games on the season.
- The Trail Blazers are the league’s eighth-highest scoring team (114.9 PPG), while the Pelicans allow the 27th-fewest points per game (115.4) in NBA play.
- The Trail Blazers have a negative point differential on the season (-19 total points, -0.5 per game), as do the Pelicans (-102 total points, -2.6 per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in scoring (29.9 points per game) and assisting (7.9 assists per game).
- Lillard’s assists prop over/under for the game is posted at 7.5 assists, 0.4 less than his season average of 7.9.
- Portland is led in rebounds by Enes Kanter’s 11.8 per game.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 3.5 higher than his season average of 25.0.
- CJ McCollum is the top three-point shooter for the Trail Blazers, knocking down 4.8 per game.
- McCollum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 2.3 shots lower than his season average of 4.8.
- Robert Covington averages 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Portland.
- Covington’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
- Williamson outpaced his teammates on the Pelicans scoring front by putting up 25.5 points per game. He adds 7.0 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game this season.
- Williamson’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 1.7 greater than his season average of 35.8.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 9.2 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.2 assists per game.
- Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 8.5 boards, 0.7 rebounds lower than his season average of 9.2.
- Ball makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 3.0 treys per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Brandon Ingram leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from