The Denver Nuggets (47-25, 1-1) are underdogs heading into Game 3 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Portland Trail Blazers (42-30, 1-1) at Moda Center on Thursday, starting at 10:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The series is knotted up 1-1. The point total is set at for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of May 25, 2021, 10:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Nuggets Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Nuggets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 25
Zach Collins: Out For Season (Ankle)
Will Barton: Out (Hamstring),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee),
PJ Dozier: Out (Adductor)
Trail Blazers and Nuggets Records ATS
- Portland is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 39-35.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Trail Blazers are 14-14 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 38 of 74 Portland games this season (51.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Denver has a 35-39 record ATS this season.
- For the 42nd time this season, the Nuggets are at least a 4-point underdog, where they have a record of 23-18 against the spread.
- 44.6% of Denver’s 74 games this season have missed the over/under.
Head to Head
The Nuggets defeated the Trail Blazers 128-109 in the last meeting between the two teams on May 24, 2021. Damian Lillard scored 42 points to pace the Trail Blazers, and Nikola Jokic scored 38 points for the Nuggets. The Nuggets covered the spread as 2-point favorites, and the teams scored 237 total points to go over the 224.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|5/16/2021||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-8.5||230||-396||306||Regular Season||132-116 POR|
|4/21/2021||Nuggets||Trail Blazers||-2||230||-128||107||Regular Season||106-105 DEN|
|2/23/2021||Nuggets||Nuggets||-6||232||-241||196||Regular Season||111-106 DEN|
- In Portland’s matchups this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have eclipsed Thursday’s point total of 228 points 42 times (56.8% of opportunities).
- 36 Denver games this year (48.6% of its matchups) ended with a final total greater than Thursday’s point total of 228 points.
- The Trail Blazers have seen a 230.5 average over/under in their games this season, 2.5 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates this matchup’s over/under (228 points) and the average total points bet in Nuggets’ games (225.4 points) this season.
- The Trail Blazers’ average implied point total this season is 1.6 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (117.6 implied points on average compared to 116 implied points in this game).
- This season, Portland has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (116) 38 times.
- The 114.5-point average implied total on the season for the Nuggets is 2.5 more points than the team’s 112-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Denver has scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 48 times.
- The Trail Blazers are the NBA’s fifth-highest scoring team (116.1 PPG), while the Nuggets allow their opponents the eighth-fewest points per game (110.3) in the league.
- The Trail Blazers have put up a total of 124 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.7 per game), and the Nuggets have out-scored opponents by 360 points on the season (4.8 more per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in points and assists. He scores 28.8 points per game while adding 7.5 assists.
- Lillard’s assists prop total for the game is listed at 7.5 assists, equal to his season average of 7.5.
- Enes Kanter paces Portland with 11.0 rebounds per game.
- Kanter’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 10.5 rebounds, 0.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.0.
- Lillard makes 4.1 threes per game to lead the Trail Blazers.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 4.1.
- Robert Covington leads Portland in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.2 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
- Covington’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- Jokic has shown out this season to lead the Nuggets in points (26.4 per game), rebounds (10.8 per game), and assists (8.3 per game).
- Jokic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 46.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 45.5.
- Michael Porter Jr. is tops from three-point range for the Nuggets, hitting 2.8 threes per game.
- Porter’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots greater than his season average of 2.8.
- Denver’s Jokic has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and JaVale McGee is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from