The Elon Phoenix (2-17, 0-6 CAA) hope to end a nine-game losing streak when they host the Towson Tigers (13-7, 5-2 CAA) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Schar Center. The contest airs on FloS. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Phoenix ( ).
The betting trends in the article below reflect odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM ET.
Towson vs Elon Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Towson Offense Vs. Elon Defense
|Towson Offense||Stats (Rank)||Elon Defense|
|68.8 (246)||Points/Gm||73.5 (289)|
|9.3 (241)||Possessions/Game||7.4 (53)|
|44.1 (207)||Field Goal %||44.6 (237)|
|34.6 (149)||3PT %||33.1 (157)|
|49.8 (245)||Effective FG %||51.6 (261)|
|53.3 (236)||True Shooting %||54.7 (174)|
Elon Offense Vs. Towson Defense
|Elon Offense||Stats (Rank)||Towson Defense|
|65.7 (324)||Points/Gm||64.8 (64)|
|7.4 (308)||Possessions/Game||9.3 (120)|
|41.8 (311)||Field Goal %||41.9 (96)|
|30.2 (330)||3PT %||33.9 (202)|
|48.0 (304)||Effective FG %||49.0 (145)|
|50.8 (322)||True Shooting %||52.7 (114)|
Best Betting Sites For Towson vs Elon
Towson Betting Insights
- Towson has won 11 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover nine times.
- The Tigers have been favored by 10.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those contests.
- A total of nine out of Towson’s 20 games this season have hit the over.
- The Tigers and their opponents have gone over 132 combined points in nine of 20 games this season.
- The average total in Towson’s outings this year is 133.6, 1.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Elon Betting Insights
- Elon has compiled a 7-10-0 record against the spread this year.
- When playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs this season, the Phoenix have an ATS record of 5-2.
- Elon and its opponents have combined to go over the point total seven out of 17 times this year.
- The Phoenix have combined with their opponent to score more than 132 points in 11 of 17 games this season.
- The average over/under for Elon’s matchups this season is 139.3, 7.3 more points than this game’s total.
Towson Key Players
- Nicolas Timberlake leads the Tigers in scoring, putting up 15.8 points per game.
- Charles Thompson paces Towson with 7.5 rebounds per game and Cameron Holden leads the squad with 4.5 assists per matchup.
- The Tigers are led by Timberlake from beyond the arc. He knocks down 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- Towson’s steals leader is Holden, who averages 2.0 per game. Thompson leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks an outing.
Elon Key Players
- Sean Halloran takes the top spot on the Phoenix scoring and assist lists, putting up 12.7 points and 4.4 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Max Mackinnon is the Elon leader with 5.3 per game.
- Zac Ervin is tops from three-point range for the Phoenix, hitting 2.5 treys per game.
- Elon’s Halloran has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 2.3 per game and Sam Sherry is first in blocks with 0.7 per game.