Tony Finau, who took 13th in the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands from June 23-27 in his last action, enters play in the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) withodds to win. Collin Morikawa is the defending champion for the event, which will tee off July 13-16 in Saint Andrews, United Kingdom.
The insights in this article reference odds valid as of July 13, 2022 at 9:34 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook $1,100 Bonus Make your first bet and you’ll get a free bet back if it loses for up to $1,100. Promo Code: LEGALCZR
Tony Finau odds for The Open Championship
Finau’s recent form
- Finau has finished in the top five twice over his last five tournaments.
- He’s qualified for the weekend in four of his last five appearances.
- Finau has finished within three shots of the leader in two of his last five events. Over that same span, he’s finished with a better-than-average score four times.
- In his last five appearances, his average score has been -8.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Finau at The Open Championship
- Finau has two top-10 finishes, with one of those being a top-five finish, in his last four trips to this tournament. His average finishing position over that span is 14th.
- Finau has made the cut in each of his last four trips to this event.
- Finau finished 15th here in his last appearance at the tournament (2021).
- His last time here, he finished two rounds within five shots of the leader.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Courses on the PGA Tour have played at an average length of 7,264 yards over the past year. This event will take place on a par 72 that clocks in at 7,297 yards.
- Over the last year, PGA Tour stops have seen an average score of -5, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) has a recent scoring average of -6.
- The average course Finau has played over the last year (7,260 yards) is 37 yards shorter than the course he’ll be playing this week (7,297 yards).
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -5. That’s higher than this course’s recent scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Tony Finau 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||13||68-68-65-69 (-10)||10.072||-2.484||$159,775|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||MC||73-72||1.82||-2.28||$0|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||2||66-71-62-64 (-17)||20.012||2.196||$948,300|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||4||71-68-67-67 (-7)||–||–||$353,500|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||30||69-72-74-68 (+3)||15.872||-0.54||$83,750|
|May 5- 9||Wells Fargo Championship||41||69-69-74-73 (+5)||1.34||1.008||$33,750|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Championship||2||71-68-66-63 (-16)||6.176||-9.036||$552,367|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||35||71-75-74-74 (+6)||10.816||0.516||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||29||70-71-72-69 (-6)||9.58||-2.6||$55,112|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||76-75||-2.999||-1.642||$0|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||33||69-71-71-68 (-5)||3.515||-0.952||$64,000|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||MC||74-68||-0.125||-1.042||$0|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||MC||67-77||-0.669||-3.087||$0|
|January 20-24||The American Express||40||72-70-67-69 (-10)||3.49||1.712||$27,014|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||19||70-69-69-65 (-19)||2||-2.131||$123,000|
Here’s the round-by-round breakdown of Finau’s 13th-place finish last time out at the Travelers Championship on June 23-27.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from