The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
OT Taylor Lewan: Questionable (Shoulder); RB Senorise Perry: Out (Undisclosed); TE MyCole Pruitt: Out (COVID-19); WR Adam Humphries: Out (COVID-19); WR Corey Davis: Out (COVID-19); CB Adoree’ Jackson: Out (Knee); CB Breon Borders: Out (COVID-19); SS Dane Cruikshank: Out (Undisclosed); WR Cameron Batson: Out (COVID-19); DE Jeffery Simmons: Out (COVID-19); WR A.J. Brown: Questionable (Knee); RB Khari Blasingame: Out (COVID-19); TE Tommy Hudson: Out (COVID-19)
ILB Benardrick McKinney: Out (Shoulder); CB Gareon Conley: Out (Ankle); TE Jordan Akins: Questionable (Concussion); OLB Duke Ejiofor: Out (Torn ACL); ILB Peter Kalambayi: Questionable (Hamstring); RB Buddy Howell: Questionable (Hamstring); SS A.J. Moore Jr.: Out (Hamstring); TE Kahale Warring: Out (Undisclosed); WR Isaiah Coulter: Out (Neck)
- Titans games have gone over 53.5 points on three of four occasions this season.
- Houston’s contests have gone over 53.5 points on two of five occasions.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (52.5 points per game) is one fewer than this point total.
- The over/under for this game is three points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average (50.5).
- The over/under in this game is 0.5 higher than the average total in Titans games this season (53).
- Games involving the Texans this year have averaged 50 points per game.
- The Texans are the NFL’s 24th-highest scoring team this season compared to the sixth-ranked Titans.
- Houston has surrendered the 20th-fewest points in the league this season, while Tennessee has given up the ninth-fewest.
Titans Betting Insights
- Three of Tennessee’s four games this year have gone over the point total.
- Tennessee is just 1-3 against the spread.
- The Titans are just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least three points.
Texans Betting Insights
- Three Houston’s five games this year have gone over the point total.
- Houston has a 1-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Texans have an even ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least three-point underdogs.
When the Titans Have the Ball
- The Texans defense has allowed 28 points per game this season. The Titans score 30.5 points per game.
- In games where Tennessee score at least 30.5 points this season, they are 3-0 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- When the Houston defense allows 28 points or fewer this year, they have are 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- The Titans average 377.2 total yards per game this season– 10.2 yards less than the Texans defense has allowed (387.4).
- On average, the Titans pick up 5.5 yards per play and the Texans give up 5.6.
- When Tennessee hits their 2020 average in yardage, they are 1-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread this season.
- When Houston allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall this season.
- The Texans allow 160.4 rushing yards per game, compared to the 131.5 yards the Titans average on the ground each game.
- When Tennessee rushes for 131.5 yards or more this season, they are 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- When Houston less than 160.4 yards on the ground, they are 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- The Titans turn the ball over 0.2 times per game this season, while the Texans average 0.4 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, the Titans are 3-0 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
- Houston is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall this season when they force at least 0.4 turnovers in a game.
When the Texans Have the Ball
- The Texans score 22 points per game– 0.5 points less than the 22.5 per matchup the Titans allow.
- When Houston records at least 22 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- Tennessee has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall in games when it gives up 30.5 points or less.
- The Texans average 50 fewer yards per game (359.2), than the Titans give up per contest (409.2). The Texans average 6.4 yards per play, while the Titans give up 6.2 per play.
- In games Tennessee keeps its opponents to 409.2 or fewer yards, it has a 1-1 record ATS and a 2-0 record overall.
- The Texans rush for 84.6 yards per game– 63.6 fewer per game than the 148.2 the Titans allow per contest.
- When Houston runs for at least 84.6 yards, it recorded a 1-2 ATS record and a 1-2 overall record.
- This season, Tennessee is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when holding opponents to no more than 148.2 yards on the ground.
- This year, the Texans turn the ball over 1.4 times per game– 0.8 fewer turnovers per game than the 2.2 the Titans force on average.
- Houston has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.4 times or less.
- This season, Tennessee has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall when it forces at least 2.2 turnovers.
Titans Players to Watch
- Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 1,004 yards (251 yards per game), nine touchdowns, and one interception this season on 68.9% completion. He also has 77 rushing yards on 15 carries with one touchdown, averaging 19.3 yards per game.
- Derrick Henry has taken 101 carries for 376 rushing yards (94 yards per game) and four touchdowns in four games.
- Jonnu Smith has hauled in 18 passes for 221 yards and five touchdowns. He has been targeted 27 times and averages 55.3 yards per game over four outings.
- This year, A.J. Brown has caught 12 passes (17 targets) for 121 yards and one touchdown, averaging 60.5 receiving yards per game.
- Kenny Vaccaro has one sack, four TFL, and 27 tackles over four games.
- Malcolm Butler has intercepted two passes, and added 25 tackles, one TFL, and six passes defended four over games.
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson has thrown for 1,451 yards while completing 66.9% of his passes (109-of-163), with nine touchdowns and five interceptions in five games this year (290.2 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 19 times for 83 yards and one touchdown, averaging 16.6 yards per game.
- In his first year with Houston, David Johnson has picked up 270 rushing yards (67.5 yards per game) and scored one touchdown in four games. He has added nine catches for 84 yards (21 receiving yards per game).
- Will Fuller V has been targeted 30 times and has 22 catches for 332 yards (66.4 ypg) and three touchdowns in five games.
- Brandin Cooks has also added 18 catches for 299 yards and a touchdown over five games. He has been targeted 33 times and averages 59.8 receiving yards per game.
- Randall Cobb has caught 19 passes on 24 targets for 260 yards and a touchdown, averaging 52 yards per game.
- Whitney Mercilus has registered three sacks, four TFL, and 12 tackles over five games.
- Zach Cunningham has 53 tackles, three TFL, and two sacks so far this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from