The Detroit Pistons (0-0) are underdogs against the Minnesota Timberwolves (0-0) at Target Center on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The game begins at 8:00 PM ET on FS-DET.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Timberwolves vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Timberwolves and Pistons Records ATS
- Minnesota managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 23-40-1 against the spread.
- The Timberwolves had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points, going 2-6-1 last season.
- In 54.7% of its games last season (35/64), Minnesota and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Detroit held a losing record ATS last season with 27 wins, 37 losses, and one tie ATS.
- 38 of Detroit’s 65 games (58.5%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Andrew Wiggins (33 points) led the Timberwolves over Luke Kennard (25 points) and the Pistons 120-114 in their most recent matchup on Monday. The Pistons were favored by 3.5 points in the game, but the Timberwolves covered the spread. The 234 total points in the matchup went over the 223.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/11/2019||Pistons||Pistons||-3.5||223.5||-170||142||Regular Season||120-114 MIN|
|3/6/2019||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-114 DET|
|12/19/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-123 DET|
|11/19/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-97 DET|
|10/25/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-101 DET|
|2/3/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-108 DET|
|12/9/2016||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-90 DET|
|12/31/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-90 DET|
|11/20/2015||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-86 DET|
|2/8/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-101 MIN|
- Last season, the Timberwolves were at the 12th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.2 PPG), while the Pistons allowed the 15th-fewest points per game (110.8) in the league.
- The Timberwolves were out-scored by 275 points last season (4.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pistons have out-scored them by 235 more points on the year (3.6 per game).
- Karl-Anthony Towns scored 26.5 points per game last season and pulled down 10.8 rebounds a contest.
- Ricky Rubio notched 8.8 assists per game.
- Rubio averaged 1.4 steals per game. Towns collected 1.2 blocks a game.
- Derrick Rose contributed 18.1 points per game last season while also adding 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee grabbed 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Delon Wright swiped 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from