The Minnesota Timberwolves (40-30) aim to build on a four-game home win streak when they host the Los Angeles Lakers (29-39) on March 16, 2022. The Timberwolves (on the spread) and Lakers ( to win) will meet Wednesday at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The insights in the article below reflect odds as of March 16, 2022 at 8:08 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Timberwolves vs Lakers Betting Odds
Timberwolves Vs. Lakers Player Props
Injury Report as of March 16
Jaden McDaniels: Out (Leg),
Anthony Edwards: Day To Day (Patella),
Patrick Beverley: Day To Day (Ear),
Jarred Vanderbilt: Day To Day (Quad),
Jordan McLaughlin: Day To Day (Groin),
Naz Reid: Day To Day (Back)
Anthony Davis: Out (Foot),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Knee),
Talen Horton-Tucker: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
|Timberwolves Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lakers Defense|
|115.1 (1)||Points/Gm||113.6 (26)|
|15.9 (26)||Possessions/Game||16.7 (8)|
|45.4 (22)||Field Goal %||46.3 (19)|
|35.3 (13)||3PT %||34.9 (14)|
|53.5 (10)||Effective FG %||53.2 (17)|
|56.9 (11)||True Shooting %||56.3 (15)|
|Lakers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Timberwolves Defense|
|111 (12)||Points/Gm||112 (21)|
|16.7 (22)||Possessions/Game||15.9 (5)|
|46.5 (11)||Field Goal %||45.4 (12)|
|35 (18)||3PT %||34.8 (13)|
|53.3 (13)||Effective FG %||52.9 (14)|
|56.2 (16)||True Shooting %||57 (21)|
Timberwolves and Lakers Betting Records
- Minnesota has compiled a 38-29-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Timberwolves have been favored by 8.5 points or more eight times this season, and covered the spread in five of those contests.
- A total of 42 out of Minnesota’s 70 games this season have hit the over.
- Los Angeles has won 28 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 40 times.
- The Lakers have been an underdog by 8.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread both times.
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over 38 out of 68 times this season.
Head to Head
The Lakers got a team-high 26 points out of LeBron James on the way to a victory over Naz Reid (23 points) and the Timberwolves in their most recent matchup on January 2, 2022. The Lakers were 7-point favorites in the game, but the Timberwolves covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 211 total points to fall short of the 222.5-point over/under.
- 1/2/2022 DNP – Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns, D’Angelo Russell
- 12/17/2021 DNP – Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards; Lakers: Malik Monk, Talen Horton-Tucker
- 11/12/2021 DNP – Lakers: LeBron James, Talen Horton-Tucker
- The Timberwolves points and rebounds leader is Karl-Anthony Towns. He contributes 24.8 points per game and grabs 9.9 rebounds.
- Minnesota’s assists leader is D’Angelo Russell, who dishes out 7.1 per game.
- The Timberwolves are led by Malik Beasley from long distance. He hits 3.1 shots from deep per game.
- Anthony Edwards leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Towns collects 1.2 blocks a game to pace Minnesota.
- James holds the top Lakers spot in two categories: scoring (29.7 points per game) and rebounding (8.2 rebounds per game).
- Russell Westbrook puts in work dishing out assists and is Los Angeles’ assist leader with 7.1 per game.
- James leads the Lakers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.9 made threes per game.
- One Los Angeles player is its leader in both steals and blocks. James averages 1.4 steals per game and 1.1 blocks per game.