TheLines Podcast Episode 9: The Good News … And The Bad
A lot happened in sports betting on Thursday. It looks like three more states will soon be joining Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware with legal sports betting before the end of the year. But New York and Pennsylvania? Not … so much. In Episode 9 of TheLines Podcast, Matt Brown, Dustin Gouker and Brett Collson cover the latest news on the industry front. Plus, Dustin rants about the Pittsburgh Pirates wanting a sports betting ‘royalty’ fee to cover stadium costs. Show Timestamps
- 2:41 — Congress sports betting hearing is PPD
- 3:50 — Phil Mickelson’s penalty at the U.S. Open
- 8:13 — Poker! Online bracelet events at the World Series of Poker thriving
- 12:40 — William Hill partners with pro soccer team in the U.S.
- 14:12 — Rhode Island greenlights sports betting in 2018
- 16: 29 — How many states will have legal sports betting before 2020?
- 17:45 — West Virginia and Mississippi won’t be left behind
- 25:48 — And then … there’s New York
- 31:50 — … And Pennsylvania
- 36:51 — DraftKings making sports betting moves
- 46:10 — FanDuel > DraftKings?
- 48:27 — Dustin gets angry about a baseball franchise