There was a lot to get heated about in the world of sports betting this week. All of a sudden:
- The NCAA supports legal sports betting
- FanDuel and DraftKings are sports betting companies
- The Senator who helped write PASPA in 1992 is attempting to draft new federal sports betting legislation
Matt Brown, Dustin Gouker and Brett Collson tackle each of these topics at full speed in Episode 5 of TheLines Podcast. Matt nearly gets flagged for an unsportsmanlike penalty before the show wraps.
- 0:57 — Quick hits from last week
- 5:45 — State Watch: Who will launch sports betting first?
- 10:09 — What’s up in New York, Mississippi and Florida?
- 16:40 — The power of the Tribes
- 18:20 — The NCAA and its sports betting hypocrisy
- 25:23 — Dustin’s victory lap; FanDuel acquired by a sports betting company
- 35:06 — DraftKings is already marketing its sportsbook that doesn’t exist
- 36:09 — A lot of yelling about Orrin Hatch’s op-ed