We live in a different world than we did three years ago. Back then, fantasy sports giant FanDuel claimed that the product it sells is not gambling. Today, FanDuel is preparing to enter the potentially lucrative sports betting space, following a move made by rival DraftKings a few short months ago.
And we’re all shocked.
Meanwhile, NBA commissioner Adam Silver continues to send mixed messages about the impact of sports betting despite the irrefutable evidence that shows increased wagering will only add to the league’s engagement.
In Episode 3 of TheLines Podcast, Matt Brown, Dustin Gouker and Brett Collson hit on these topics and many more as we get closer to a Supreme Court decision in #PASPAWatch.
- 2:18 — Kentucky Derby a big success at the betting window
- 10:18 — FanDuel enters sports betting
- 17:00 — Adam Silver’s comments on sports betting
- 25:00 — William Hill CEO says US will be the priority if PASPA struck down
- 30:06 — Vegas Golden Knights advance again
- 33:51 — Former WSOP Main Event runner-up sues PokerStars
- 37:03 — Michigan online gambling bill update
- 39:00 — Recapping the first week of shared online poker liquidity on the U.S.