On Episode 14 of TheLines Podcast, Matt Brown, Brett Collson and Eric Ramsey tackle this topic and the rest of the big news stories in sports betting from the past week. Plus, a discussion about the increasing rake at DraftKings and the need for more transparency from the big fantasy sports operators.
- 1:58 — Will Mississippi heave sports betting by the start of football season?
- 5:33 — A gambling story involving Derek Jeter and pennies
- 8:32 — Former MLB slugger Ryan Howard invests in sports betting
- 11:10 — A report about Brent Musburger that turned out to be a lie
- 13:16 — Even during the dead of summer, strong handle numbers from the Meadowlands
- 14:47 — More from the Meadowlands — non-story or another betting controversy?
- 24:49 — Why mobile betting solves many issues
- 26:24 — Numbers (and some chest beating) from the World Series of Poker
- 37:08 — DraftKings drops a huge Week 1 contest, but bumps up the rake. Again.
- 44:20 — Penn National gearing up for sports betting in Mississippi, West Virginia