The stats found in this article only reflect games that carried a betting market this season.
The No. 4 Texas Longhorns will look to continue a four-game win streak when they host the Iowa State Cyclones on Tuesday, January 5, at Frank Erwin Center as big, favorites. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on Longhorn Network and the matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 5, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Texas Betting Information
- The Longhorns have played to a 5-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns are 2-1 against the spread when they are at least a 12.5-point favorite.
- Only 4 of 9 Texas games this season (44.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
Texas Players to Watch
|Matt Coleman III||9||13.8||3.1||4.7||1.4||0.1||1.8|
|Greg Brown III||9||11.7||7.2||0.1||0.7||1.3||1.2|
Iowa State Betting Information
- Iowa State has more often than not come up short ATS this season, with a 2-5 record.
- For the third time this season, the Cyclones are at least a 12.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 0-2 against the spread.
- The Cyclones and their opponents have regularly been held under this season, only reaching the over in 28.6% (2) of their seven games played.
Iowa State Players to Watch
- In Texas’ matchups this season, the Longhorns and their opponents have exceeded Tuesday’s point total of 139.5 points eight times (88.9% of opportunities).
- In three out of Iowa State’s seven games this year (42.9%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Tuesday’s matchup.
- The Longhorns average 75.8 points per game against the Cyclones’ 68.6, amounting to 4.9 points over the contest’s point total of 139.5.
- This game’s point total is 5.4 fewer points than the 134.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020-21.
- The Longhorns have seen a 137.9 average over/under in their games this season, 1.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 1.1 points separates the average total points bet in Cyclones games (140.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (139.5 points).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Iowa State||Iowa State||-1||137||-117||-107||Regular Season||81-52 IOWAST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||Texas||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-68 TEXAS|
|3/2/2019||N/A||Texas||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-69 TEXAS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||Iowa State||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-60 IOWAST|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from