The Texas Tech Red Raiders (10-9, 0-7 Big 12) aim to stop a three-game home losing streak when they host the West Virginia Mountaineers (11-8, 1-6 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Red Raiders’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Mountaineers ( ).
The betting insights in the article below reference odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Texas Tech vs West Virginia Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Texas Tech Offense Vs. West Virginia Defense
|Texas Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||West Virginia Defense|
|75.2 (103)||Points/Gm||69.2 (176)|
|15.0 (142)||Possessions/Game||10.8 (67)|
|47.1 (46)||Field Goal %||43.9 (191)|
|34.4 (167)||3PT %||33.3 (158)|
|53.7 (62)||Effective FG %||49.8 (175)|
|57.3 (57)||True Shooting %||54.7 (178)|
West Virginia Offense Vs. Texas Tech Defense
|West Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas Tech Defense|
|77.0 (66)||Points/Gm||66.5 (100)|
|10.8 (296)||Possessions/Game||15.0 (221)|
|46.6 (69)||Field Goal %||41.2 (60)|
|35.3 (111)||3PT %||32.6 (131)|
|52.6 (99)||Effective FG %||48.1 (105)|
|56.5 (89)||True Shooting %||50.0 (27)|
Best Betting Sites For Texas Tech vs West Virginia
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech has compiled a 6-12-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Red Raiders are 5-6 ATS this season when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Texas Tech and its opponents have combined to hit the over 12 out of 19 times this season.
- Red Raiders games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 139.5 points 11 times.
- The average point total in Texas Tech’s contests this year is 141.6, 2.1 more than this matchup’s over/under.
West Virginia Betting Insights
- West Virginia is 9-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Mountaineers have covered the spread once this year (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- So far this year, 12 out of West Virginia’s 19 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Mountaineers have combined with their opponent to score more than 139.5 points in 10 of 19 games this season.
- The average over/under for West Virginia’s matchups this season is 146.2, 6.7 more points than this game’s point total.
Texas Tech Key Players
- The Red Raiders scoring leader is Kevin Obanor, who averages 14.7 points per game.
- Daniel Batcho paces Texas Tech with 6.8 rebounds a game and De’Vion Harmon leads the team with 3.5 assists per matchup.
- Pop Isaacs connects on 2.6 treys per game to lead the Red Raiders.
- Harmon leads the team with 2.1 steals per game. Batcho collects 1.9 blocks a contest to pace Texas Tech.
West Virginia Key Players
- Tre Mitchell owns the Mountaineers top spot in scoring with 13.1 points per game and also tacks on 5.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per contest.
- The West Virginia leaders in rebounds and assists are Jimmy Bell JR. (6.1 rebounds per game) and Kedrian Johnson (3.2 assists per game).
- Erik Stevenson is tops from three-point range for the Mountaineers, hitting 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on West Virginia grabs more steals than Johnson (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Mitchell (0.6 per game).