The No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (14-4, 4-2 Big 12) will host the West Virginia Mountaineers (13-4, 2-3 Big 12) after winning five straight home games. The contest begins at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Red Raiders’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Mountaineers ( ).
This article makes reference to odds updated as of January 22, 2022 at 7:58 AM ET. Find all the up-to-date odds for this outing in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Texas Tech vs West Virginia Betting Odds
Texas Tech Offense Vs. West Virginia Defense
|Texas Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||West Virginia Defense|
|73.7 (138)||Points/Gm||63.6 (52)|
|66.7 (278)||Possessions/Game||66.8 (67)|
|47.5 (36)||Field Goal %||42.6 (176)|
|32.5 (238)||3PT %||31.7 (111)|
|53.4 (70)||Effective FG %||48.7 (159)|
|56.4 (83)||True Shooting %||51.1 (147)|
West Virginia Offense Vs. Texas Tech Defense
|West Virginia Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas Tech Defense|
|68.9 (251)||Points/Gm||58.7 (10)|
|66.6 (284)||Possessions/Game||66.8 (67)|
|42.7 (252)||Field Goal %||37.8 (11)|
|31.5 (283)||3PT %||30.9 (79)|
|47.6 (298)||Effective FG %||45.4 (35)|
|51.5 (262)||True Shooting %||48.4 (39)|
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech has put together a 10-7-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Red Raiders have covered the spread five times this season (5-3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- Texas Tech’s games have hit the over eight out of 18 times this season.
- Texas Tech and its opponents have gone over 128 combined points in 12 of 18 games this season.
- The average point total in Red Raiders contests this year is 137.5, 9.5 more than this matchup’s over/under.
West Virginia Betting Insights
- West Virginia has covered 10 times in 17 games with a spread this year.
- The Mountaineers have covered the spread when playing as at least 8-point underdogs in two of two games this season.
- A total of eight West Virginia games this season have gone over the point total.
- West Virginia has played 11 games this season that have gone over 128 combined points scored.
- The Mountaineers have a 136.1-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 8.1 more points than this game’s total.
Texas Tech Key Players
- Kevin McCullar leads the Red Raiders in assists and rebounds. He puts up 3.6 assists and 5.9 rebounds per game.
- Bryson Williams paces Texas Tech with 12.6 points per game.
- The Red Raiders are led by McCullar from long distance. He connects on 1.4 shots from deep per game.
- McCullar leads the team with 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Batcho collects 0.6 blocks a contest to pace Texas Tech.
West Virginia Key Players
- Taz Sherman holds the top spot on the Mountaineers scoring and assist lists, tallying 18.8 points and 2.7 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Gabe Osabuohien is the West Virginia leader with 5.8 per game.
- Sean McNeil makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mountaineers, cashing in 2.1 treys per game.
- Nobody on West Virginia grabs more steals than Kedrian Johnson (1.9 per game) or blocks more shots than Isaiah Cottrell (1.1 per game).