The Texas State Bobcats (10-11, 3-5 Sun Belt) hope to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Georgia Southern Eagles (12-9, 5-3 Sun Belt) at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at Strahan Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bobcats’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Eagles ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reflect odds as of January 26, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Texas State vs Georgia Southern Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Texas State Offense Vs. Georgia Southern Defense
|Texas State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Georgia Southern Defense|
|64.6 (336)||Points/Gm||65.2 (72)|
|13.7 (221)||Possessions/Game||12.8 (89)|
|41.9 (308)||Field Goal %||42.9 (145)|
|27.7 (358)||3PT %||34.0 (200)|
|45.6 (348)||Effective FG %||49.3 (153)|
|56.6 (83)||True Shooting %||56.0 (223)|
Georgia Southern Offense Vs. Texas State Defense
|Georgia Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas State Defense|
|68.2 (267)||Points/Gm||64.9 (63)|
|12.8 (272)||Possessions/Game||13.7 (140)|
|44.4 (195)||Field Goal %||43.9 (189)|
|28.9 (349)||3PT %||35.2 (266)|
|49.3 (266)||Effective FG %||49.9 (175)|
|51.7 (294)||True Shooting %||64.8 (364)|
Best Betting Sites For Texas State vs Georgia Southern
Texas State Betting Insights
- Texas State has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 12 times.
- The Bobcats have covered the spread once this season (1-6 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, eight out of Texas State’s 18 games have gone over the point total.
- In nine of 18 games this season, the Bobcats and their opponents have combined to total more than 123.5 points.
- Texas State’s contests this year have an average point total of 129.4, 5.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern has covered eight times in 18 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Eagles are 6-5 ATS this year when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- A total of nine Georgia Southern’s games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Eagles have combined with their opponents to score more than 123.5 points in 11 of 18 games this season.
- Georgia Southern’s average game total this season has been 133.4, 9.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Texas State Key Players
- The Bobcats scoring leader is Mason Harrell, who puts up 15.2 points per game.
- Drue Drinnon leads Texas State with 2.3 assists per game and Tyrel Morgan paces the team with 6.3 rebounds per outing.
- The Bobcats are led by Harrell from long distance. He hits 1.3 shots from deep per game.
- Texas State’s steals leader is Drinnon, who collects 1.0 per game. Brandon Love leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks a contest.
Georgia Southern Key Players
- Andrei Savrasov outpaced his teammates on the Eagles scoring front by putting up 12.8 points per game. He adds 6.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season.
- Carlos Curry (7.0 rebounds per game) and Jalen Finch (3.5 assists per game) are the Georgia Southern leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Tyren Moore makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, averaging 1.6 treys per game.
- Georgia Southern’s Savrasov has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Kamari Brown is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.