The Alabama State Hornets (6-13, 4-2 SWAC) aim to continue a four-game home win streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (6-14, 2-5 SWAC) on Monday, January 23, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Hornets ( ).
The insights in the following article reference odds valid as of January 23, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Texas Southern vs Alabama State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Texas Southern Offense Vs. Alabama State Defense
|Texas Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Alabama State Defense|
|69.2 (237)||Points/Gm||75.9 (330)|
|21.6 (4)||Possessions/Game||15.5 (268)|
|41.7 (315)||Field Goal %||44.1 (204)|
|26.0 (363)||3PT %||35.0 (253)|
|45.4 (348)||Effective FG %||50.5 (201)|
|50.7 (322)||True Shooting %||57.1 (251)|
Alabama State Offense Vs. Texas Southern Defense
|Alabama State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas Southern Defense|
|64.8 (333)||Points/Gm||73.5 (288)|
|15.5 (97)||Possessions/Game||21.6 (359)|
|37.2 (363)||Field Goal %||45.1 (267)|
|33.6 (211)||3PT %||34.5 (228)|
|42.5 (361)||Effective FG %||51.1 (237)|
|45.8 (362)||True Shooting %||58.4 (284)|
Best Betting Sites For Texas Southern vs Alabama State
Texas Southern Betting Insights
- Texas Southern has compiled a 5-13-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Tigers have not covered the spread when favored by 4 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- In Texas Southern’s 18 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total eight times.
- In nine games this season, the Tigers and their opponents have gone over 139.5 total points.
- The average point total in Texas Southern’s games this year is 142.7, 3.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Alabama State Betting Insights
- Alabama State has covered 12 times in 18 games with a spread this year.
- The Hornets are 8-6 ATS this season when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- So far this season, six out of Alabama State’s 18 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Hornets have combined with their opponent to score more than 139.5 points in seven of 18 games this season.
- Alabama State has a 140.7-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 1.2 more points than this game’s point total.
Texas Southern Key Players
- The Tigers points and assists leader is Davon Barnes. He racks up 15.7 points per game and adds 2.3 assists.
- Texas Southern’s rebounding leader is Kehlin Farooq, who grabs 4.5 per game.
- Barnes makes 0.8 treys per game to lead the Tigers.
- Texas Southern’s blocks leader is John Walker III, who collects 1.3 per game. Zytarious Mortle leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a game.
Alabama State Key Players
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Isaiah Range with 14.5 points per game. He also adds 3.5 rebounds per game and 1.3 assists per game.
- When it comes to Alabama State leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Jordan O’Neal with 7.3 rebounds per game and Antonio TJ Madlock with 3.2 assists per game.
- Range leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.5 made threes per game.
- Alabama State’s TJ Madlock has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and O’Neal is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.