The betting insights in the article below use the latest odds as of March 18, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Get Up to $1,000 Bonus Bet at BetMGM today! Use Bonus Code – PLAYODDS
Texas vs Penn State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Texas Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Texas Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|77.9 (37)||Points/Gm||68.1 (121)|
|39.3 (24)||Possessions/Game||41.0 (354)|
|47.1 (36)||Field Goal %||42.7 (102)|
|34.6 (160)||3PT %||32.9 (108)|
|53.2 (61)||Effective FG %||49.0 (112)|
|57.5 (41)||True Shooting %||52.4 (88)|
Penn State Offense Vs. Texas Defense
|Penn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas Defense|
|72.4 (161)||Points/Gm||67.2 (88)|
|41.0 (9)||Possessions/Game||39.3 (339)|
|46.5 (61)||Field Goal %||42.1 (70)|
|39.3 (4)||3PT %||32.5 (92)|
|55.8 (10)||Effective FG %||47.8 (63)|
|57.1 (55)||True Shooting %||52.1 (80)|
Best Betting Sites For Texas vs Penn State
UP TO $1,250 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $200
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
UP TO $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ get 1,000 Caesars Reward Credits
+ also get 1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: BETODDSFULL
Texas Betting Insights
- Texas has won 18 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 17 times.
- The Longhorns have been favored by 5.5 points or more 18 times this season, and covered the spread in eight of those games.
- Texas’ games have hit the over 18 out of 35 times this season.
- The Longhorns and their opponents have combined to score more than 138 points in 22 of 35 games this season.
- The average total in Texas’ games this year is 145.2, 7.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered 22 times in 36 games with a spread this year.
- The Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs this season.
- Penn State’s games have gone over the point total 20 out of 36 times this year.
- Nittany Lions games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 138 points in 20 of 36 outings.
- Penn State has a 140.6-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 2.6 more points than this game’s point total.
Texas Key Players
- Marcus Carr leads the Longhorns in scoring (15.9 points per game) and assists (4.0 assists per game).
- Texas’ rebounding leader is Timmy Allen, who grabs 5.4 per game.
- Carr connects on 2.2 treys per game to lead the Longhorns.
- Carr leads the team with 1.7 steals per game. Dylan Disu collects 1.4 blocks an outing to pace Texas.
Penn State Key Players
- Jalen Pickett has shown out this season to lead the Nittany Lions in points (17.9 per game), rebounds (7.3 per game), and assists (6.7 per game).
- Andrew Funk leads the Nittany Lions in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.1 made threes per game.
- Penn State’s Pickett has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 0.9 per game and Seth Lundy is first in blocks with 0.6 per game.