The Nicholls State Colonels (10-9, 5-2 Southland) will look to build on a three-game win streak when they hit the road to play the Texas A&M-CC Islanders (11-9, 4-3 Southland) on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at American Bank Center. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Islanders’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Colonels ( ).
The betting insights in this article reflect odds as of January 26, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Texas A&M-CC vs Nicholls State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Texas A&M-CC Offense Vs. Nicholls State Defense
|Texas A&M-CC Offense||Stats (Rank)||Nicholls State Defense|
|79.4 (31)||Points/Gm||70.9 (227)|
|19.4 (31)||Possessions/Game||15.3 (196)|
|44.5 (187)||Field Goal %||45.0 (260)|
|35.6 (94)||3PT %||30.9 (55)|
|51.2 (172)||Effective FG %||50.9 (222)|
|52.8 (249)||True Shooting %||61.3 (341)|
Nicholls State Offense Vs. Texas A&M-CC Defense
|Nicholls State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texas A&M-CC Defense|
|74.4 (130)||Points/Gm||73.3 (285)|
|15.3 (165)||Possessions/Game||19.4 (333)|
|44.8 (168)||Field Goal %||46.4 (307)|
|34.3 (169)||3PT %||34.9 (247)|
|51.1 (175)||Effective FG %||53.8 (327)|
|52.2 (277)||True Shooting %||61.8 (343)|
Best Betting Sites For Texas A&M-CC vs Nicholls State
Texas A&M-CC Betting Insights
- Texas A&M-CC has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 10 times.
- When playing as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Islanders have an ATS record of 5-5-1.
- Texas A&M-CC and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 10 out of 16 times this season.
- Islanders games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 149.5 points nine times.
- The average point total in Texas A&M-CC’s games this year is 152.7, 3.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Nicholls State Betting Insights
- Nicholls State has compiled a 6-8-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Colonels have an ATS record of 4-4 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs this year.
- Nicholls State’s games have gone over the point total four out of 15 times this season.
- The Colonels have played three games this season that have had more than 149.5 combined points scored.
- Nicholls State’s games this season have had an average of 145.3 points, 4.2 fewer points than this game’s total.
Texas A&M-CC Key Players
- Isaac Mushila leads the Islanders in scoring (14.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.8 rebounds per game).
- The team is led in assists by Terrion Murdix’s 4.8 per game.
- Ross Williams is the top three-point shooter for the Islanders, connecting on 2.8 per game.
- Texas A&M-CC’s steals leader is Murdix, who averages 2.3 per game. Simeon Fryer leads the team averaging 0.3 blocks an outing.
Nicholls State Key Players
- Caleb Huffman outpaced his teammates on the Colonels scoring front by putting up 15.7 points per game. He adds 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- The Nicholls State leaders in rebounds and assists are Emmanuel Little (7.9 rebounds per game) and Micah Thomas (3.4 assists per game).
- Huffman is tops from three-point range for the Colonels, hitting 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on Nicholls State grabs more steals than Huffman (2.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Latrell Jones (0.6 per game).