The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 24, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Texans games this season have posted an average total of 49.9, which is 1.1 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The average total for Lions games is 51.4 points– 0.4 more than this game’s over/under.
- Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 51 in five games (50% of matchups).
- Detroit’s games have gone over 51 points on five occasions (50% of games).
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (45.4 points per game) is 5.6 fewer than the total for this contest.
- The Texans are the 22nd-highest scoring team in the NFL this year. The Lions have scored the 22nd-most points.
- These two teams allow a combined 55.9 points per game, 4.9 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Detroit has allowed the 28th-fewest points in the league this season, while Houston has given up the 23rd-fewest.
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has put together a 3-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Texans are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least three-point favorites.
- Houston’s games have gone over the point total in five out of 10 opportunities this season (50%).
Lions Betting Insights
- Six of Detroit’s 10 games this year have gone over the point total (60% of its opportunities).
- Detroit has a 4-6 record against the spread.
- The Lions have a split ATS record of 1-1 when an underdog by at least three points.
When the Texans Have the Ball
- The Texans average six fewer points per game this season (22.7) than the Lions allow (28.7).
- When Houston scores at least 22.7 points this season, they are 3-2 overall and 2-3 against the spread.
- Detroit is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.7 points.
- The Texans offense has averaged 358.9 total yards per game this season, 38.5 yards fewer than the 397.4 allowed by the Lions defense.
- The Texans average 6.1 yards per play while the Lions allow 5.9 per play.
- When the Houston offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 3-4 overall and 2-5 against the spread this season.
- When the Detroit defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Lions have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 139 yards per game, compared to the 84.6 yards the Texans offense has averaged on the ground.
- In games where the Houston rushing attack runs for at least their season average, the Texans are 2-4 overall and 2-4 against the spread.
- When Detroit allows opponents to pick up less than 139 yards on the ground, they are 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- This season, the Lions have forced an average of one turnover per game, compared to the 0.9 times Texans have turned the football over in each contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, Houston is 1-2 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- Detroit’s record this season when they force more than one turnover: 4-2 ATS, 4-2 overall
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions rack up 4.5 fewer points per game (22.7) than the Texans surrender (27.2).
- When Detroit records at least 22.7 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- This season, Houston has a 2-3 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 22.7 or fewer points.
- The Lions average 69.1 fewer yards per game (342.9), than the Texans allow per contest (412). The Lions average 5.5 yards per play, while the Texans allow 6.1 per play.
- Houston has a 2-6 record ATS and a 2-6 record overall when holding its opponents to 412 yards or less.
- This season, the Lions rack up 95.4 rushing yards per game, 63.9 fewer per game than the Texans allow per contest (159.3).
- When Detroit runs for at least 95.4 yards, it had a 2-2 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record.
- Houston is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall when holding opponents to 159.3 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Lions turn the ball over one time per game, twice as many as the Texans force on average (0.5).
- Detroit is 4-4 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it turns the ball over one or fewer time.
- When it forces 0.5 or more turnovers, Houston has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall.
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson has thrown for 2,883 yards, 20 touchdowns, and five interceptions while completing 68.9% of his passes (288.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 54 times for 269 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 26.9 yards per game.
- This season, Duke Johnson has rushed for 164 yards on 58 carries (20.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown. Johnson also helps out in the passing game, catching 17 passes for 129 (16.1 ypg).
- Will Fuller has reeled in 47 passes for 708 yards and six touchdowns. He has been targeted 68 times and averages 70.8 yards per game.
- Brandin Cooks’ statline this year shows 47 grabs for 634 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 63.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 73 times.
- Randall Cobb has caught 38 passes on 48 targets for 441 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 44.1 yards per game.
- J.J. Watt has notched a team-leading four sacks, while adding seven TFL and 32 tackles.
- This year, Zach Cunningham has collected 101 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks.
- Vernon Hargreaves has one interception, 39 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended 10 in games this season.
Lions Players to Watch
- This year, Matt Stafford has put up 2,581 passing yards (258.1 yards per game) while going 216-for-344 (62.8% completion percentage) and throwing 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 10 games.
- Adrian Peterson has taken 104 attempts for 389 rushing yards (38.9 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Kerryon Johnson has 129 rushing yards on 36 carries (12.9 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- Marvin Jones has been targeted 57 times and has 37 catches for 455 yards (45.5 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson’s statline this year shows 40 catches for 441 yards and five touchdowns in 10 games. He averages 44.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 60 times.
- Marvin Hall has collected 274 yards on 15 passes with two touchdowns, averaging 27.4 yards per game.
- Julian Okwara has registered a team-leading six sacks, while adding seven TFL and 30 tackles.
- So far this season, Jamie Collins has racked up 77 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- This season, Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions and has added 38 tackles and four passes defended 10 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from