The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
- Texans games have gone over 54 points on two of four occasions this season.
- Jacksonville’s contests have gone over 54 points on two occasions.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (43.8 points per game) is 10.2 fewer than this total.
- These two teams allow a combined 60.7 points per game– 6.7 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Texans games this season average a total of 51.5, 2.5 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Jaguars games average 53 total points, one fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Texans score the 29th-most points in the NFL this season, while the Jaguars’ offense scores the 23rd-most.
- Houston is the league’s 27th-ranked scoring defense while Jacksonville is the 23rd-ranked.
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston has an 0-4 record against the spread this season.
- Three of four of Houston’s games this year have gone over the point total.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville is 2-2 against the spread.
- Three of Jacksonville’s four games this year have gone over the point total.
Texans vs Jaguars: Last 5 Meetings
- Against Jacksonville, Houston has totaled four wins over the past five meetings.
- Houston has outpaced Jacksonville 86 points to 70 in the past five contests.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|11/3/2019||Jaguars||410-356 HOU||26-3 HOU|
|9/15/2019||Texans||281-263 JAX||13-12 HOU|
|12/30/2018||Texans||342-119 HOU||20-3 HOU|
|10/21/2018||Jaguars||272-259 HOU||20-7 HOU|
|12/17/2017||Jaguars||464-186 JAX||45-7 JAX|
When the Texans Have the Ball
- The Texans average 20 points per game this season– 9.2 fewer than the 29.2 the Jaguars give up each contest.
- When Jacksonville allows 29.2 points or fewer this year, the Jaguars are 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- The Jaguars defense give up an average of 399.5 yards per game in 2020, 72 yards more than the 327.5 the Texans offense has averaged per contest.
- On average, the Texans gain 5.8 yards per play and the Jaguars allow 6.2.
- When Jacksonville allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall this season.
- The Jaguars defense has given up an average of 138.5 yards per game to opposing running games this season, 65 more yards than the Texans have gained running the football in 2020 (73.5).
- When Jacksonville limits opposing teams to 138.5 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- This season, the Jaguars force an average of 0.8 turnovers per game, compared to the 1.2 times Texans turn the football over in each contest.
- Jacksonville’s record this season when they force more than 0.8 turnovers: 1-1 ATS, 1-1 overall
When the Jaguars Have the Ball
- The Jaguars score 7.7 fewer points per game (23.8) than the Texans allow (31.5).
- When Jacksonville puts up at least 23.8 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Jaguars average 26.2 fewer yards per game (367), than the Texans give up per contest (393.2). On average, the Jaguars gain 5.9 yards per play, while the Texans give up 5.8 per play.
- The Jaguars rush for 104.2 yards per game, 77.6 fewer per game than the 181.8 the Texans allow per outing.
- When Jacksonville rushes for at least 104.2 yards, it recorded a 1-0 ATS record and a 0-1 overall record.
- The Jaguars turn the ball over 1.2 times per game. The Texans have yet to force a turnover.
- Jacksonville is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson has thrown for 1,092 yards, six touchdowns, and three picks on 65.6% completion (273 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 17 times for 58 yards and one touchdown, averaging 14.5 yards per game.
- David Johnson has ran for 174 yards on 38 carries (58 yards per game) and one touchdown in three games. He also averages 25.7 receiving yards per game, grabbing seven passes for 77 yards.
- This season, Will Fuller has grabbed 18 passes and leads the Texans with 274 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 22 times and averages 68.5 yards per game over four games.
- Randall Cobb has added 13 receptions for 213 yards and a touchdown, averaging 53.3 receiving yards per game.
- In four games, Jordan Akins has caught 14 passes (15 targets) for 168 yards and a touchdown, averaging 42 receiving yards per game.
- J.J. Watt has a team-high two sacks, while adding two TFL and 12 tackles over four games.
- In 2020, Zach Cunningham has recorded 43 tackles, one TFL, and one sack.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- This year, Gardner Minshew has 1,138 passing yards (284.5 yards per game), eight touchdowns, and four picks while going 106-for-147 (72.1% completion percentage). He has tacked on 69 rushing yards on 14 carries, averaging 17.3 yards per game.
- Undrafted free agent James Robinson has taken 60 carries for 285 rushing yards (71.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns in four games. He’s also caught 14 passes for 161 yards (40.3 receiving yards per game).
- This season, D.J. Chark has 15 catches (16 targets) to lead the team with 204 yards (68 per game) with three touchdowns in three games.
- Keelan Cole has tacked on 19 catches for 194 yards and two touchdowns over four games. He has been targeted 22 times and puts up 48.5 receiving yards per game.
- Rookie Laviska Shenault Jr. has racked up 191 yards on 16 passes with a touchdown in 2020, averaging 47.8 yards per game on 20 targets.
- Josh Allen has a team-leading two sacks, while adding two TFL and six tackles over four games.
- Josh Jones leads the Jaguars with 38 tackles this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from